lpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lpg

Anyone coverted to LPG Theres a place in cambridgeshire that does DIY kits .Any thoughts on this subject.
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Tony Hague converted his 1.3 van to LPG.

As far as I'm aware he is very happy with it.

Not seen any 1.6 or 2.0 cars converted, but I don't see why it should'nt be as straight forward as Tony's van.

mal.

Comment

i was very happy with it ,i guess the guy that nicked my van last year must have liked it too,as the van was never found,
      as my van had a carb it was simple to do as well , full kit was sold to me brand new for £300 took a weekend to fit .lpg last year was 29.9p gone up a little since.
      Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Originally posted by tony
        i was very happy with it ,i guess the guy that nicked my van last year must have liked it too,as the van was never found,
        as my van had a carb it was simple to do as well , full kit was sold to me brand new for £300 took a weekend to fit .lpg last year was 29.9p gone up a little since.
        The whole kit for £300 to suit a carb'd (A-series?) Maestro?
        Have you still got the details?
        And do you have any pointers/info on making the job any easier?
        Thanks

Comment

LPG

Are you likey to get any undue wear on the engine ie valves ect .The prices vary between ones fitted and also DIY kits vary .Kit are about £450
          Sure & steadfast.
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

i was thinking of lpg on my t16 maestro but we have so many cars comin into work that run like poo

it sort of made my mind up for me unless i can be proved wrong and see it to believe it

the price of fuel is silly and lpg is half tempting at half the price per ltr

Comment

Which engine do you have and it is unleaded compatible?
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

My origanal 1600 engine was leaded but had it changed to unleaded 1n 1991,.hat is out at present waiting to be rebuilt.The current new one i beleave is a later one and had a different gear box plate fitted as i had to swap it over and the later ones were unleaded.
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

If it is a later unleaded engine with the hardened valve seats and uses a carburettor then it is relatively straightforward to convert. You may experience excess needle/jet wear on the carb as some people have on their engines (have a search on the forum to find answers), the the installation should be fairly straightforward.

Comment

Iam am assuming that the later ones with the honada box were unleaded engines?
                    Sure & steadfast.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know. The engine code changed I believe for unleaded spec engines, and I think they were introduced around 89-90.

Comment

Does anyone know what the engine nos are when they changed over for unleaded
                        Sure & steadfast.

Comment

if you want any info on lpg maestros then i'm ya man...been running my maestros on gas since 1997 without any problems...the best kit ever in my opinion was the simple marini kit from italy that was fitted for £520...my F reg van did 180,ooo before i sold it..only reason i sold it was to buy a ledbury maestro van...this one has now done 313,000 on gas and sounds better than ever..its got the BRC kit which hasn;t had a service for 8 years...valve problems occur if you don't start on petrol first...don't have tappets to close either.The engine loves lpg..it gets smoother and smoother the longer you run it on gas

ps..anyone got a ledbury van in very good nick,low mileage..got a ledbury saloon low mileage to swap

Comment

Originally posted by TLC
                            My origanal 1600 engine was leaded but had it changed to unleaded 1n 1991,.hat is out at present waiting to be rebuilt.The current new one i beleave is a later one and had a different gear box plate fitted as i had to swap it over and the later ones were unleaded.
                            As far as I recall, a lot of the 1.3s and 1.6s were available as unleaded friendly from 1989, they usually had a green 95 RON sticker in the engine bay, the slam panel I think. Not all the 1989 cars that were unleaded had this sticker though. Pretty sure anything from 1990 onwards should be compatible with unleaded (harder material for valves and seats).

Comment

Working...
                            X