Clear All

• air filter up grade

heres a pic of the air filter upgrade thats been done on my car
    Attached Files

Does that unleash all that hidden 1.6 power ? :laugh:

Comment

it gives it a bit more poke

Comment

Well it'll be a lot louder I'm sure. It might even give some more power (probably at the expense of some torque).
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

it is louder by far goes bloody well to

Comment

I can't really see it gaining more power to be honest. For more power you would be better of putting a cold air feed to the air filter box,
            Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Positioned to suck in all that lovely hot air from the engine, it must be a great modification

Comment

looks good but would benefit from a cold air feed as engines run better on cold air as it's denser then hot air, or so i'm told

Comment

Yes that is right, the colder the air the more dense it is. Much better for gaining more power.
                  Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by steve smith
                    heres a pic of the air filter upgrade thats been done on my car

Your better off with a induction hose [heat resistant over the engine] and place the cone near to the front grill if you can
                    This is just sucking in hot air - more hot air granted
                    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Noise does not mean power.

Comment

induction hose's

The air hose off some montego diesels makes brilliant induction hoses, the non squashable one, and can be used when opening up the brake vents in MG Turbo front bumpers as on G33 MUE. Also note that the air intake on Maestro 20 efi's and Turbo's goes into a box section in the slam panel, pull it out to see where its supposed to get air from!

Comment

how about fitting an intercooler from a montego turbo?

Comment

I hope that is a joke or someone misreading the thread.

The car isn't a turbo, its a 1.6 S series.
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
                            X