Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Electric windows between 2 Mk. 1 Maestros...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Electric windows between 2 Mk. 1 Maestros...

How difficult do you reckon it would be to retro-fit electric windows to an early S-Series Maestro?

What I'm basically asking is if I've got two Mk. 1 cars, one with electric windows and one with manual, is it a simple job of transferring the motors, switches and small portions of loom over? Do the door looms simply plug and play in a Mk. 1 car? - I'm guessing the wiring isn't conveniently tucked into the door already?!

Both cars are 1984 Maestros (one an Auto and the other an HLS) with 3-part dash.

Cheers,

Simon R.
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

You could well be lucky: leccy windows were dealer-fit options on both the HLS and the Automatic (which was HLS spec back then). Dealers would want it to be as simple as possible. On my D-reg MG it was basically plug'n'play: all the electrics were already fitted.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Look at how many wires are in the door loom. If there are lots of thick ones then it is simply a case of plug and play. Our old mk1 HLS had electric windows in it.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'll take a look at the weekend.
        You can contact me by clicking here.
        Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Working...
        X