Better Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Bass

I'm lookig for a good source of bass, both for DRY and also for my XJ-S.

When I upgraded the audio system in JOE, I installed a Blaupunkt subwoofer under the passenger seat which works a treat, however, I can't find one of those anywhere now for reasonable cash.

Has anyone ever heard of this brand / product?
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Never heard of them. panasonic do one I think.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Never heard of them either, and i used to fit alot of in car entertainment systems when i worked at a Motor Factors.

If you are doing it on a low budget "Fli", a "Vibe" company is the best one to go for. - Long lasting, good quality and you don't pay through the nose for them.

Something like this:
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLI-1000W-SUB-...6.c0.m14.l1318

Cheers,

Oli.

Comment

If you are willing to fabricate something then you can either fit a speaker under each seat in an enclosed (or even vented) box, powered by one amp or fit a larger unit under the dash again in an enclosed box. Otherwise the standard sub in boot option works well.

Comment

It's a shame old Graham isn't around anymore, his installs always impressed me! - particularly the rear facing flashing lights on the roof!!:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Oli
            It's a shame old Graham isn't around anymore, his installs always impressed me! - particularly the rear facing flashing lights on the roof!!:laugh:
            Nah it was the 1970s house speakers which did it for me.
            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pion...7a-p-6820.html
              http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pion...1a-p-5305.html
              http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpi...00-p-5746.html

These fit the bill?

Can also get free postage I think from them through the rover 200 and 400 owners club.

Comment

depending on your head unit I think you should always match quality. A weak link in the chain will bring every other component down to that level. In the car I have always been a fan of Infinity as they are great quality.

Comment

Simon - I might be persuaded to part with the 150W Kenwood KSC-SW1 active subwoofer that was removed from my MG, still in its original packaging and hardly used.

http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/speakers01/kscsw1.asp

It's a very good speaker but after the resto I decided to downgrade back to late 80s Philips R681 head unit, remove the sub, CD changer and associated wiring. As my new doors have the larger speaker holes though, I will be looking to fit some better quality speakers there instead.
                  Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                  2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

If its just the boom boom boom you want ,buy some very cheap remoulds run the car at 100mph ,hey presto boom boom boom as bits of tyre slap your arches!

Russ

Comment

Cheers for all the replies, chaps (especially to Russ!!) I've not got time to read them properly tonight but will do so after the weekend and will probably be back with more questions
                      You can contact me by clicking here.
                      Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Working...
                      X