MGLive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On display.
    Checked the car over on sunday and......lots of extra scratches on the offside doors, rear wing and even inside the top of the offside front door that won't polish out
    Attached Files
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      On display.
      Checked the car over on sunday and......lots of extra scratches on the offside doors, rear wing and even inside the top of the offside front door that won't polish out
      I told a little girl off for playing with the rear numberplate lights.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        On display.
        I hate to say it but this is one of my main gripes about some car shows (although I am not pointing a finger directly at this particular event) where people are not careful with fingers, buckles, handbags, belts, jewellery, animals and children.

You have put a huge amount of time (and also money) into this car, Jeff and I, too, would be upset by this. I have been to some events and I have automatically wanted to reach for a set of freestanding posts linked with barrier rope to place around my car and a 'please do not touch' sign sitting on top of the dashboard and rear parcel shelf. But then some visitors would think I was being paranoid and over-the-top, not to mention spoiling the appeal of 'getting up close' to some cars.

I guess we can't win! Hopefully you can remedy the damage without too much inconvenience and cost, Jeff.

Comment

I find the problem lies more with indoor shows where cars - and visitors - are much more hemmed in. Together with the fact that normal non enthusiast members of the public are not likely to have the same understanding about our love, compulsive polishing and care of our cars means damage is likely, even if it is unintentional.

My Montego gained a broken wing mirror glass at the NEC the other year. The space allocated to the Club at that show meant the cars had to be very closely parked with people having very little room to move around them.

At least with outdoor shows, you have a choice to make extra room around your car more often than not.

Comment

Pics from the show are now up on www.mgmgroup.org.uk

Patrick

Comment

The scratches on the doors, wing etc will buff out but the inner top of the drivers door is majorly deep and down to bare metal.
              I agree with the 'indoors' comments plus things go missiing. A friend of mine had his tools pinched from the boot of his Rolls Royce at the NEC a couple of years ago and this was inside the hall on display.
              The club chairman was so embarrased that the club paid for replacements.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Sorry to hear about the damage.
                This is one reason why I have always resisted displaying at indoor shows; I've heard tales like this before of accidental damage.
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Working...
                X