BMC & Leyland Show - Some free tickets available for club members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC & Leyland Show - Some free tickets available for club members

The BMC & Leyland Show is at the Motor Heritage Centre at Gaydon on Sunday 5th July - http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co....-leyland-show/. M&MOC is having a stand and this is usually a very enjoyable show. This year there is a concours for all cars (not just Minis/MINIs), so for those who enjoy picking stones out of tyres, please do enter as it would be great to see our cars represented in concours. Here's the concours details and how to enter - http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co....coursBMC15.pdf

As a club we can have 8 free car passes and 16 free tickets for members, however, my understanding is that we can have as many cars on our stand as we would like. My understanding is that everyone who goes to the show will need a ticket (I know some of Gaydon's shows are free of charge so long as you don't go into the museum). Jeff has very kindly volunteered to organise the stand (not that it takes a huge amount of organisation, but you do need a key contact person who will be their before everyone else), so Jeff will automatically be allocated a free car pass and one or two free tickets, depending on whether or not he would like two tickets.

That leaves 7 free car passes and 14/15 free tickets into the show. If you are a club member and would like a free car pass and free tickets, please put your name down below stating how many tickets you would like. If we are oversubscribed, I will draw people's names out of a hat. If you would like free tickets, please put your name down below by midnight on Sunday 14th June.

If you do not get a free ticket from the club, or are not a member of M&MOC, Gaydon are doing a very good value advanced ticket at £7 for two people and a car. Please see here - http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co....l-Entry-01.pdf. So if you do not get free tickets through the club, it's not the end of the world.

Additionally, there are also convoys in from both Cowley and Longbridge this year. I am organising the Cowley Convoy, while Alan Webb-Moore is organising the Longbridge one. For both convoys cars need to arrive at either Cowley or Longbridge between 8.30am and 9.15am with a prompt departure at 9.30am. There will be run plaques and flags available for those who want them. Those on the convoy (if they haven't got tickets via their club) will need to either buy advanced tickets (the cheapest option) or pay on the gate (very expensive!). Here's the link for the convoys - http://cowleyconvoy.info/#/attend-a-convoy/4564571391

It would be great to have a good showing of Maestros and Montegos and if you have any questions, please shout.
    Last edited by Tanya; 10th June 2015, 12:36.

Scotty Young, a member who is not on the forum would like to be put down for one free ticket and one free car pass.

Comment

Problem for me is never knowing what the weather will do but if dry I will likely attend this event, never been to it before.

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
        Problem for me is never knowing what the weather will do but if dry I will likely attend this event, never been to it before.
        Go on, live a little Andy. You know you wanna clean your car after and it helps with your 'condition'
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Gaydon

I will be there with my newly restored MG Maestro whether I get any free tickets or not, but please enter me in the draw for 2 tickets

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
            I will be there with my newly restored MG Maestro whether I get any free tickets or not, but please enter me in the draw for 2 tickets

Thanks

Andrew
            Is it finished now Andy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
              Go on, live a little Andy. You know you wanna clean your car after and it helps with your 'condition'
              I was waiting for that lol . I don't mind cleaning it it is just the underside I don't want to get dirty as it was all treated & repainted!!

Comment

I intend to be there with both my Montego's, a pass for one of them would be good please!

Ray
                MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Gaydon show

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                  Is it finished now Andy?
                  Hello Jeff

Yes finished and on the road (hooray!)
                  I presume you'll be there with one of your Montegos?

Andrew

Comment

I'm intending to be there - 1 car pass & 2 tickets would be lovely!

Comment

Hello Jeff

Yes finished and on the road (hooray!)
                      I presume you'll be there with one of your Montegos?

Andrew
                      In my Turbo Andy and will have a look at your car when I get a chance.
                      Great when they're finished

Comment

Thanks

Andrew
                        Great Andrew

I'll put you down for one car and two tickets. Looking forward to seeing your newly restored MG Maestro!

Comment

Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
                          I intend to be there with both my Montego's, a pass for one of them would be good please!

Ray
                          Great!

If possible, would you like two passes, one for each Montego? Also, how many tickets would you like, if I can get them?

Comment

Originally posted by F825 UBD View Post
                            I'm intending to be there - 1 car pass & 2 tickets would be lovely!
                            Great! I'll put you on the list

Comment

Tickets

I would like a couple of tickets if possible.
                              Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Working...
                              X