MG Saloon Day 2015 - Sunday 19th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
    That IMO is a shame. I wonder if some of us on here couldn't rekindle the allegiance?
    My first Saloon Day was 2004 so you would have judged my ZT260SE probably. IIRC I won that class.
    I think that's a good idea. Maybe either the MG FWD Register or M&MOC or both could offer to support the MGCC Zed Register to organise the show?

Comment

That IMO is a shame. I wonder if some of us on here couldn't rekindle the allegiance?
      My first Saloon Day was 2004 so you would have judged my ZT260SE probably. IIRC I won that class.
      I certainly would interested in supporting this show although at the moment I do not have a road ready MG Maestro to take along.

I have some very happy memories of MG Saloon Day based on the friendly atmosphere of those attending, rekindling friendships and briefly 'escaping' into my favourite world of Rovers.

Before 2003 most of the judging for the MG Metros, Maestros and Montegos was done by Roger Parker, who always did this role with real enthusiasm and fairness.

I would be interested to know which car clubs are still attending MG Saloon Day and if there have been any new ones putting it onto their Events calendar. I recall there were about two Metro clubs, the Euro Rover Owners Club (who I will be seeing at Powderham Castle on 11th and 12th July) and also the Rover Owners and Performance Club who were predominantly based in the Midlands.
      Last edited by David3500; 28th June 2015, 13:04.

Comment

UPDATE!

I've been in touch with the organisers and this is their reply:

We have changed the classes bit since the flyer was printed. We felt there wasn’t enough emphasis on the “MG” bit of the MG Saloon day and since it was originally started by the MGM Group we felt they needed more recognition. It’s no problem to add the Maestro and Montego to the self judging – we just need to add the category to the voting sheet.

As I said we want to bring the focus back on the MG side of things so we really would like to get not only the FWD cars along, but it would be nice if we could also get more of the 635s, Magnettes, Y-Types etc.

As you can see, they are trying hard to include the FWD MGs which is great and I hope as many Maestro and Montego owners as possible support this show. I'm grateful that the organsiers put the effort in to give us a show.

This afternoon I collected the trophies for Maestro of the Day and Montego of the Day, another incentive to get your Maestros and Montegos out. The voting is done by the attendees, so if you go you get a chance to vote for the cars which you think should win.

Sorry for the poor photos, but at least you'll get the picture of what the trophies are like. I've put them next to a normal sized mug to give a scale.

Now all I need to someone who will be both a Gaydon this Sunday and who is going to MG Saloon Day to take them and pass them on to the show's organisers.

Comment

Can you help take the trophies from the BMC & Leyland Show to MG Saloon Day?

Is there someone who is attending both the BMC & Leyland Show and MG Saloon Day who could collect these trophies from me this Sunday, take them to MG Saloon Day and pass them on to the organisers.

Also, I would be grateful if someone who is going to MG Saloon Day can take photos (high res if possible) of the trophies being presented to the winners. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
            Before 2003 most of the judging for the MG Metros, Maestros and Montegos was done by Roger Parker, who always did this role with real enthusiasm and fairness.
            He was doing the judging long after 2003 too. As I said my 1st Saloon Day was 2004 & he judged my vehicles for at least 5 years. Pretty sure he was doing it up till around 2010 ish. Whatever happened to his & obviously the MG Owners Club involvement?

Comment

He was doing the judging long after 2003 too. As I said my 1st Saloon Day was 2004 & he judged my vehicles for at least 5 years. Pretty sure he was doing it up till around 2010 ish. Whatever happened to his & obviously the MG Owners Club involvement?
              Roger is still involved with the MGOC, I saw him at the NEC for a chat on set up day.
              Also writes a monthly article for MG Enthusiast
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
                Is there someone who is attending both the BMC & Leyland Show and MG Saloon Day who could collect these trophies from me this Sunday, take them to MG Saloon Day and pass them on to the organisers.
                Im going to both i think
                Is the BMC & Layland show the one this sunday?
                If so then yep iam going to both lol
                Current:
                1986 MG Montego Turbo
                2001 MG ZS 180
                1989 MG Montego EFi
                2014 MG3 90th LE
                1985 Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo
                1988 MG Montego EFi
                2002 MG ZS 180
                1986 MG Montego EFi
                1997 MGF VVC
                1989 Austin Maestro Special

Comment

Thank you :-)

Originally posted by Chris EFi View Post
                  Im going to both i think
                  Is the BMC & Layland show the one this sunday?
                  If so then yep iam going to both lol
                  Hello Chris, If you're Jeff's son, and looking at your profile I assume you are, he's already volunteered you for the job . Thank you for offering as well and I look forward to seeing you, your dad, Black Beauty and Sleeping Beauty on Sunday

Comment

Sorry if my reference to Roger's judging created confusion. I recall Roger doing judging every year although I could not be sure after 2005 as this was the last year I was able to attend due to other commitments. Am glad you have advised me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
                      Hello Chris, If you're Jeff's son, and looking at your profile I assume you are, he's already volunteered you for the job . Thank you for offering as well and I look forward to seeing you, your dad, Black Beauty and Sleeping Beauty on Sunday
                      Stop trying to name our cars Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                        Stop trying to name our cars Tanya
                        They alrady have names
                        MG Montego Turbo & MG Montego EFi lol
                        Current:
                        1986 MG Montego Turbo
                        2001 MG ZS 180
                        1989 MG Montego EFi
                        2014 MG3 90th LE
                        1985 Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo
                        1988 MG Montego EFi
                        2002 MG ZS 180
                        1986 MG Montego EFi
                        1997 MGF VVC
                        1989 Austin Maestro Special

Comment

Originally posted by Chris EFi View Post
                          They alrady have names
                          MG Montego Turbo & MG Montego EFi lol
                          That's my boy, good up bringing Tanya eh

Comment

Working...
                          X