No announcement yet.

2001 TET Rover Maestro 1.3 Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is back on eBay, I presume 'Internet Vehicle Sales' messed him around after it ended at £351 previously.

>Clicky<
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Just an update for any LM10 owners who may be interested....

G283 ended up in the ownership of a vehicle dismantler who bought it , with the intention of breaking it, as he had a buyer for the very low mileage A series, and the shell was destined for the crusher ..

I'd heard about the car , and it's imminent demise, and managed to buy G283 off him before he ripped it apart.

The car is in exactly the same condition as the pics on this thread , with the exception of the removal of all the non-standard plastic bump strips.

The main point of this post though, is that despite the fact that im fond of owning old school BL ('76 Stag, '87 Daimler 66 ) other motoring pastimes take precendent over running the Maestro.

If anyone here is interested in the car (12 months MOT / not Taxed) please pm me.... if i get £350 , i'll be happy to sell to an enthusiast ..
      Last edited by RetroWheelsRacing; 15th April 2009, 22:36.

Comment

That is good news! I was getting worried over its whereabouts as I had seen it stored on a driveway locally or a few weeks, then it disappeared. I used to pass it every day in my own left hand drive Maestro.

Where abouts is the car now located?
        Steve Worsley

Comment

The car's still in Swinton Steve, if you want to look round it again yourself - or guide any other interested viewer - you're very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroWheelsRacing View Post
            G283 ended up in the ownership of a vehicle dismantler who bought it , with the intention of breaking it, as he had a buyer for the very low mileage A series
            No doubt a Mini owner. I wish I was a millionaire: I'd buy a totally minted ERA Turbo, strip out its engine, drop it into the most tatty 1.3 Metro or Maestro I could possibly find and post a video of its shell being crushed on every Mini site on the Web...
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
            MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
              No doubt a Mini owner. ...

Correctamundo

Comment

It's lucky i like you John

Comment

Sorry Oli, I like Minis, honest. They're cute, they're well designed with a wheel in each corner and very little overhang. They've got great interior space for their external size. They're light, so even the puny 850cc variant feels nippy. In 1959 they were quite possibly the most advanced small car in the world.

But it's not 1959 anymore.

The Mini's intended replacement - Metro - was superior in every practical and measurable way: I've never personally met anyone with an open mind who's driven both cars then told me with a straight face that the Mini is better. Yet countless Metros (and probably Maestros) have met their doom to 'save' an example of their ancient, inferior, cone-suspensioned, over-rated grandad, whose hyped-up status keeps them over-priced. And it's the 'over priced' bit which is directly and wholly responsible for near-mint examples of much-better cars (like Metros and Maestros) being wastefully butchered.

But the Brits are a definant bunch. Like bent cucumbers, we kept on churning them out until Euro legislation eventually banned them, instead of cheerfully waving them goodbye with a fond tear when the technologically-superior and infinitely more practical Metro came along.

I walk past most Minis at classic car shows (unless a see a '60s works Cooper). They're like cl*ts: every c*nt's got one. Show me a minted Metro or a 1275cc 12k Maestro any day
                  Last edited by G51 NAV; 16th April 2009, 23:28. Reason: Corrected a gramatical error and removed a paragraph which was factually dubious
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

This deviation off thread reminds me of the fate of many Marinas: bought by Minor fans for engines, disc brakes etc.

Good Marinas are much more scarce than Minors.
                    My name is Darren.
                    Home of a Maestro for 30 years.
                    1983(Y)Maestro 1.3 HLE (Nellie) Very poorly
                    1995 Rover 214SI
                    2004 MG ZS 120
                    2006 LandRover 90 TD5
                    2014 Volvo V40 T3 R-Design.

Comment

Let's hope a good home can be found for the 'stro
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

If anyone is interested I might be able to go and have another look, armed with a better camera. This is definitely a very good, solid car with very low mileage!
                        Steve Worsley

Comment

does anyone know how much roughly ho w much it would be to insure? i suppose i am classed as a low risk aged 45 full no claims.

Comment

Well that would depend entirely on your circumstances. Such as your location, whether the car is parked in a garage, drive or road, how much you intend to use it, what you intend to use it for, what type of cover you want, your NCB, and so on. You would really need to ask road for some quotes...
                            Steve Worsley

Comment

Any takers? This is a very good, low mileage example, at a bargain price!
                              Steve Worsley

Comment

what was the price again ?

Comment

Working...
                                X