No announcement yet.

MG Montego for sale - needs saving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee has my Trailer, and as far as I'm aware he is collecting this week end for transfer for to his place.

Pretty sure he will be on later to confirm.

Comment

Dad rang up to say how nice it looked again today- if people want to just forget about this Monty and leave it on his drive forever i'm sure he won't mind too much.

It may even spur him into classic car ownership !

Comment

Tim,

Lee is having net problems, he tried to text you but has had no reply.

Comment

Just text him back...

Comment

Got it

Just going to swap things about on the drive and then try to throw up some pics.

Tim, your Dad is very proud of the fact he only gave £100 for the volvo. Nice car and nice to meet him this morning.

MGMatt, will give it a good going over once i have my nipper tasked with pulling the engine out of my van and F700 loaded.
            Last edited by bodgit0_0; 12th March 2011, 20:34. Reason: typo mong
            Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
            1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
            1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
            1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

whats happening to f700??

Comment

Getting restored of course.

Comment

Fantastic to hear the car has been collected again and is now in custody of Lee!

Thankyou very much Lee, can't wait to see photo's of it and hear your opinion of the car, I hope it will all be fairly good news!!! It would be great to know if the car would be worth spending money on to bring her up to a good high standard.

Also many thanks again to MGMal and to Tim & his Parents for looking after the car over the past week, really much appreciated.

I'm really happy the car got saved and is out of harms way.

Cheers again guys.

Comment

Matt,

Just one picture to tease you whilst I was swapping it for F700.

And one of F700 ready for its trip to camp.

Promise to get a few more up tommorow.
                    Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                    1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Cheers for the pic Lee, really is my first sighting of the car, looks rather good there! Can't wait to see more soon! Cheers again.

Comment

Nice tease.
                        I have always liked the look of BRG MG Montego's. It looks nice on the trailer.
                        F700 is it still owned by Bodgit?
                        I look forward to seeing its return to the road. In my opinion it suffered much more than it should have done for years prior to being taken on for restoration by Tony. This car should never have ended up in the state it did but its good that people such as Tony and Bodgit have taken charge and want to see it back where it belongs.
                        I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this question but i will ask anyway. Did the interior have sculpted velvet seats.? I assume so.If yes are they still with the car?

Comment

F700 had Mg spec seats and as far as I'm aware still has.

Comment

As promised.

By the way I like it a lot....
                            Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                            1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                              1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Wow!

Thanks Lee for putting up an extensive selection of photo's for us all to see, absolutely brilliant.

Well I'm really happy with the car and I think it looks great, still think it was well worth the money and I'm so glad I bought it, and even more happier it was saved and is in our hands at last. I'm sure with some TLC this car can be put back to her former glory again and it is exactly my intention to do just that.

I knew of some 'problems' seen here with the car, like the cracked dashboard, the mirror, the quaterlight window and some little bits of rust but these can be repaired and are not an issue AFAIC. The dent I did'nt know of but again can be repaired, does'nt look that bad does it? The alloys look great aswell, very clean. It's great to see it, and in my opinion it is a lot better than the one that was on ebay up until last week.
                                Can the bit of window trim that's missing be easily replaced?

Obviously with it being stored it will need some mechanical work doing to it as you mentioned Lee, if there is anything that you are capable of doing please let me know, will hire you and anyone else who can do any of the work required.

If anyone else can help me with any parts that this car may need, or can see anything obvious that it needs, please do let me know, will be interested in anything and your help.

Thankyou again to everyone who has helped me with this car, a few drinks are certainly in order me thinks!

Comment

Working...
                                X