MG Montego for sale - needs saving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Montego for sale - needs saving!

MG Montego EFi, H reg, British Racing Green, X-spoke alloys, MOT July but no tax, immaculate bodywork, stored for some time and only moved for regular MOT. Everything works but brakes and clutch a little stiff, £400 ono. Needs to go in the very near future or will be crushed. Also spare doors, engine and auto box, estate tailgate, bonnet, bumpers, wings etc in pale blue. Located in Birmingham. Contact Kevin on 0121 684 8361
    A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
    Maestro Camper Van
    Maestro 1.3L
    Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Do you think he could supply pictures that can be posted on here?

Sounds a similar scenario to mine as in stored for a long time.

Comment

Sounds cheap if it is indeed immaculate. I'd love one of these but got nowhere to put it till the summer. Unless anyone wants to buy an unfinished orange mini van, or store it for me

Comment

He doesn't have internet access, so no pics. I was hoping to get some yesterday when we collected some alloys from him but didn't have time to go to where it's stored on the way as I had to get to yesterday's club committee meeting.
        A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
        Maestro Camper Van
        Maestro 1.3L
        Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Have just spoken to Kevin about this car, it does'nt sound a bad car at all but I'm waiting for him to ring me back regards some other information about it, which he did'nt have to hand. Definetly sounds too good to scrap though and I'm sure it won't end up there! Infact it sounds better than the same car I had 10 years ago!!! Thinking cap is on...

Comment

I am resisting the temptation of ringing up!

Comment

i've never understood these £400 or it will be crushed offers. surely they will not get more than £200 in scrap for it. why not sell it for scrap price?

Comment

My normal offer, if someone does a deal and wants it stored my drive is your drive Not sure where 'Kevin' lives but I am sure collection could be arranged.

Lee
                Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
                1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
                1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

The car is near Spaghetti Junction Birmingham as I was told. One of the things that I'm waiting to find out about amongst other things is how much it would cost to get it trailered back to me in Surrey, although there is the possibility of me going up by train and driving it back but I can't say I fancy that option much to be honest!
                  I too have to confess that space could be an issue for me as my other car hobby (Jag XJ's) have taken most of my spare space, and plus I could do without more grief from certain family members aswell but if someone on here should be interested in keeping it safe I would consider that!

Time for another phone call me thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzienpg View Post
                    i've never understood these £400 or it will be crushed offers. surely they will not get more than £200 in scrap for it. why not sell it for scrap price?
                    From what I understand, the car belongs to someone else other than Kevin but the car is in his yard. The reason the threat of it being scrapped is because he is worried the car could get damaged whilst in the yard, and if it does then it would have to end up being scrapped. But he really would rather sell it whilst it's in the condition it's in.

Comment

I drove mine back & was concerned about it given it's lack of use in the last 12 years!!

Comment

I was'nt too worried about the drive home as I think I would enjoy that, it's the other non driving parts of the journey that would'nt be looking foward to!

I have spoken again to Kevin, I will reveal more soon, thinking cap on again...lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Elcome View Post
                          it's the other non driving parts of the journey that would'nt be looking foward to!
                          Don't blame you & it's the cost of that bit too or it is if you go by train!!

Comment

Well.... Car is now sold, or saved should I say!

I've done a deal with Kevin and will hopefully have the car within 4 weeks.

As it stands at the moment it will be delivered on trailer to Surrey, unless I decide to put it somewhere else!

Sounds a nice original car though, has covered just 64K miles. It will need some work doing to it but it really is in good condition and I'm happy with it., sounds better than the one I had over 10 years ago, and certainly less miles. Will be serviced when I get it and I will be getting a certain Valeter to clean it all up!

I will post pics as and when I can.

Well that's MG number 1 sorted then, number 2 hopefully to follow soon!

Atleast the car is saved. I just hope it's safe where it is at the moment!

Thanks again to Maria for putting the advert up in the first place, and for letting me know about it.

Comment

Good news, keep us updated on things.

Comment

Working...
                              X