Clear All

Great news! Let us know when it arrives
    A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
    Maestro Camper Van
    Maestro 1.3L
    Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Excellent Matt, It was very good to speak with you earlier tonight....

Comment

Thanks guys, I will keep you all updated and sort pics out as and when. I'm looking foward to getting it, very pleased I was able to get what seems a nice one so soon. It's a start again anyway, but it won't be the only one!

Good to chat with you tonight aswell Andy, please do give me a call tomorrow evening.

One down and one more to go then lol!

Comment

well done matt, i see you aren't too far down the road from me!

Comment

Well done that man.
            Piccy's please when you get it and if it was as good as described
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks again guys! Ozzienpg - I am indeed only down the road from you, have been out and about in Weybridge a few times so no excuse not to meet up sometime?!! Infact, as I've only just recalled, I originally bought my first ever MG Montego in Weybridge, which was an F-plate in white 10 years ago. I think I paid £650 for it and was a private sale. I did'nt keep it for that long though as I bought another 2 shortly after!

I can't wait to see the car in the flesh, and I shall remain optimistic and excited about it until that time!

Comment

I'm glad this has found a caring new home- but not as glad as my wife!

Comment

lol! I don't think my other half will be sharing the same enthusiasm as me...

Comment

Hi Guys,

Well I've just had some slightly bad news concerning this car, one of the rear quarterlight windows got smashed today!
                    Does anyone here know please if these are still available to replace, as this is going to have to get sorted out ASAP.

I'm trying to work on getting the car sooner, otherwise there might not be a later way things are going already!

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Oh dear, what happened Matt? They're easy to get out and replace, so you should be able to find one from a donor car if you can't find one from the autoglass type people.

Comment

It's where the car is residing at the moment, it's in a yard (not sure what type) but there are forklifts and other machines roaming about the place and there really is no room for the car there at all so it is in a very vulnerable position all the time, and Kevin has nowhere else he can put it. This is why there is the risk of it getting scrapped because there is big chance of it getting wiped out where it is. Think Kevin is going to enquire with a member on here tomorrow about the window. I don't have a donor car myself so am hoping someone may be able to help who might have one.

Comment

The rear screen and quarter-lights on Montegos are bonded and as such you'll need a professional from likes of Autoglass or Auto Windscreens to come out and replace it. They should also bring with them a replacement plastic trim surround for 'round the window. They are prone to braking on removal/refitting.

Comment

Montego - doh, didn't read that bit. Ignore what I just said and listen to Rich.

Comment

Could you take up Lee's offer to collect and store temporarily (post 8 on this thread) if the risk of further damage is so high?
                              1983 (Y) MG 1600
                              1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                              1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                              1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                              1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                              1990 Clubman D
                              1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Digitel Efi - Thankyou for the suggestion, yes I would take up any offer if someone like Lee would be willing to get it for me and store it for a while. I don't yet know Lee but if this option is what it will take to get the car out of the yard and saved straightaway then I would go with this and appreciate the help.
                                If I needed to, I could pay for the car now yes, but I cannot afford the car and the transport costs together at the moment, hence why it suited me to do it over 4-5 weeks as agreed with the seller. But I really am fearing that the car won't last in the yard all that time, so a new plan might need to be implemented now.
                                If this is at all possible, then please let me know and let's get the car safe and out of there. The window apparently is still intact but cracked-up as I found out this evening. Also, Car has things like spare alloy wheel and proper Mudflaps aswell etc so I really do want this car saved now that I've secured it.

I did'nt realise how much of a risk the car was at until tonight, but I'm willing to consider any other options. I'm at work tomorrow daytime but if anyone wishes to call me I can be reached on 07501 100812.

Many thanks,

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X