• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 1994, Austin Maestro van, £175, Torbay

Austin Maestro van, 1994. Torbay

Mileage: 129267 (second time around ?)

Tax: 30th June, 2012

MOT: 12th May, 2012

This is the 700 2 litre diesel perkins engined van. It is a little on the ropey side in all fairness and is probably a spares/repairs job.
    The engine smokes a bit on start up but pulls nicely. It recently developed a slight wobble in the steering (noticable at 30mph) but nothing too alarming.

The bodywork is getting a bit crusty, mainly the door bottoms. It has a brand new screen in exellent condition but thanks to autoglass the top corner seals on both sides have started to come away. it has a brand new heater matrix and DIY piping from the engine bay to the matrix ...this all works fine and no leaks ...but the fan has no packed up and this is the point at which I decided to sell. Brand new Battery. The paint work was a bit of a joke that I never got around to painting over.

If it doesnt sell I will scrap next week but I thought it fair to at least see if someone wanted it.

pics ...

PM for more info.

Didn't South have his eye on this?
    Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
    E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
    H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
    J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
    L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
    OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
    PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

South? not sure who you mean but i'll be glad to hear from him!

Comment

Oli South - is this the one advertised on Retro Rides? Sure he said he'd sent a PM
        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Yeh a chap called Oli phoned me, sounded interested, but then never got back to me?
          Last edited by Dave120a; 20th April 2012, 18:57.

Comment

Loving this van.................just a massive shame you are miles away from me

Comment

It is not that far... and the English Riviera is a delightful destination!

Comment

It's far enough when you haven't got transport to get there. I do love the English Riviera though

Comment

If you wanted it enough you'd find a way to get it
                  In 2000 we travelled all the way from Blackpool to Torquay for an MG Maestro, by National Express! And we're twice as far away.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

van

would have been interested myself just been outbid on ebay but sadly its a 480 miles round trip with my transporter somebody will give it a home would be sad to see it scrapped as not that many left

Comment

somebody will give it a home would be sad to see it scrapped as not that many left....

uhm i am a little short on somebodies here at present and i am practically giving this away ... i would consider going to £150 ....if someone wants to save it.

Comment

Jeez

£150........ Dont do this to me

Comment

If i had a driving licence,i would definitely use a bus or train to get there and quite happily drive it back. However,having no driving licence makes it difficult. Going to beg a mate of mine tomorrow to see if he'll drag the beast back with his Land Rover........I love this beast!!!!!

Comment

just to clarify it will drive under its own steam !!!! it has MOT and tax still !!!!!!!!!!! just needs a driver ... blimey i will even pick someone up from the train station if it comes to it !!!

Comment

MOT

I thought the MOT was out 12th April its May, what a ****

Comment

Working...
                              X