black mg montego turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] black mg montego turbo

so ive finally had enouf the black monty is doing my head in over fueling etc and i cant sort it for love nor money so she is now up for sale i have no v5 as was not given to me when i got the car so new owner will have to apply for it.

its g reg 1990 the engine came out of my f reg white montego

it just about runs atm has mot till oct (body is 99.9% solid )
    tax till end of sept

make me a decent offer and its yours or will consider a stright swap for any kind of maestro with tax and mot that is aged 1990 or below

please ask any questions below

any viewing welcome
    Last edited by jake_bullet; 12th August 2012, 20:18. Reason: new pics added

Have you any pictures of it
    maestro turbo no 498

Comment

Im sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. Just out of interest did you transfer everything from your white one into the black one? I know a common problem can arise when you only donate some items. As far as im aware you need to swap both ECU's, all wiring loom etc in order for it to speak the same language. If you haven't, this could be what is causing your over fuelling and poor running as its not sending the correct messages. Worth a bash if you haven't already done it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeeMcE View Post
        Im sorry to hear that you are still having problems with this. Just out of interest did you transfer everything from your white one into the black one? I know a common problem can arise when you only donate some items. As far as im aware you need to swap both ECU's, all wiring loom etc in order for it to speak the same language. If you haven't, this could be what is causing your over fuelling and poor running as its not sending the correct messages. Worth a bash if you haven't already done it!
        the engine was all i changed as its a genuine turbo engine was identical

Comment

Sometimes the part numbers can be slightly different and that is all it takes. Although brain units are not all that brainy in a Monty (compared to current cars) but could be a minor difference that is causing the issue. If you still have the donor car it may still be worth a shot transferring all the gubbins rather than get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by WeeMcE View Post
            Sometimes the part numbers can be slightly different and that is all it takes. Although brain units are not all that brainy in a Monty (compared to current cars) but could be a minor difference that is causing the issue. If you still have the donor car it may still be worth a shot transferring all the gubbins rather than get rid of it?
            no chance i smashed them to bits and the car has gone now as was unable to get the black one out as white one was in way

Comment

hiya, wats the exact problem/symptoms? i may be able to help...

Comment

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                hiya, wats the exact problem/symptoms? i may be able to help...
                over fueling bursting out of all the seals and chokeing to death with fuel

Comment

Got any pictures of this?

Comment

Originally posted by mgt16 View Post
                    Got any pictures of this?
                    yes i will get them posted up tomorrow as been very ill for the past few days and i still am i have a pic of it b4 i did the head gasket i can put up for now tho

Comment

here is a pic from early may time aint changed since then anyway

she is solid and requires no welding (but as would be expected of a car her age she has been welded b4)

tax till end of sept mot till end of oct
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen a picture of a car broken down used to sell before...interesting tactic you have, there.

Comment

okay, have you tried adjusting the fuel pressure regulator by cracking off the lock nut and turning the screw anti-clockwise (could also be a complete failure of the diaphram inside)??
                          also has the car had a different type of electonic fuel pump fitted do you know?
                          I understand you have changed the engine so the fuel regulator may need adjustig to suit this or maybe someone else in the past has fiddled with it.
                          It could also be that the fuel pump issue completly. hope this helps... let me know as i have more suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                            okay, have you tried adjusting the fuel pressure regulator by cracking off the lock nut and turning the screw anti-clockwise (could also be a complete failure of the diaphram inside)??
                            also has the car had a different type of electonic fuel pump fitted do you know?
                            I understand you have changed the engine so the fuel regulator may need adjustig to suit this or maybe someone else in the past has fiddled with it.
                            It could also be that the fuel pump issue completly. hope this helps... let me know as i have more suggestions
                            i know the diaphram in my fuel reg is broke so need a new one the fuel pump looks original i have no parts available off my old dead one either

Comment

Got to admit that picture really didn't help me try to convince my mrs!

Comment

Working...
                              X