Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG Montego 2.0l

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [For Sale] MG Montego 2.0l

    Just as a heads up, I will shortly have up for grabs a Black MG montego 2.0l. If i remember rightly it was registerd in 1991 but built in 1989. i will have to dig out the reg documents to confirm that tho. It is on a privat reg - A17 PFT. I have had the car just over a year now with the intention of doing it up and showing it but i now just want it out the way, especially since it hasnt turned a wheel since i got it other than to move it in the shed. It is in very good condition but as it was already half stripped for being painted i will carry on and get it painted. Front and rear windows have been removed for painting. It will be getting fully waxoiled underneith and befor painting it will get stone guard on the sills up to the middle line then painted on top to provent stone chippes and subsequent rusting in this area in the futuer unless any prospectus buyers would rather i didnt due to it not being origonal? So far the car hasnt finished being prepped for paint yet but it will be done befor the end of the month. It currentally has no MOT but i will get it MOT'd and give it a full service including timing belt.

    I will be looking for £1200 ono.

    I have some pictures of the car when i baught it last year that i could put up if wanted but nothing current. I can get current pics if wanted next weekend but it will be in a half preped state so not much point.
    I think it has done about 60000 miles but will check next weekent.

  • #2
    Seems a very good price given the wayoiling & paint (if done to a standard) will cost several hundred pounds!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
      Seems a very good price given the wayoiling & paint (if done to a standard) will cost several hundred pounds!!
      That is a very good point but i just need it out of the way so i can get on with other projects. Iv had the paint a couple years as it was origonaly going to be for a diferent car that i no longer have.
      It is getting painted by my friend who is a very good painter.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Turbo MG View Post
        That is a very good point but i just need it out of the way so i can get on with other projects. Iv had the paint a couple years as it was origonaly going to be for a diferent car that i no longer have.
        It is getting painted by my friend who is a very good painter.
        I remember seeing this car for sale a year ago and then a couple of years prior to that, I did think about it initially around 3 years ago but at that time it seemed a little dear but did look good other than the odd spoiler/s that was/were fitted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
          I remember seeing this car for sale a year ago and then a couple of years prior to that, I did think about it initially around 3 years ago but at that time it seemed a little dear but did look good other than the odd spoiler/s that was/were fitted.
          It is still reasonable condition but I have self tapper holes to weld up from the side skirts that have been previously fitted.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Turbo MG View Post
            It is still reasonable condition but I have self tapper holes to weld up from the side skirts that have been previously fitted.
            Might help if you put some piccys up as it often helps
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
              Might help if you put some piccys up as it often helps
              I will but as I said in the original post, I'm not near it till the weekend to be able to get photos. I can post up some photos from when I bought it a year ago. I will do that tonight when I get to my computer.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have now checked the reg documents and the car was registerd in 1993 but states on the document it was declaired built in 1989

                Here are some pictured when i baught the car back in june last year. Not gret but they are all i can find. Unfortunatly you cant see the small self tapper holes in the sills from thease.










                Last edited by Turbo MG; 18th October 2012, 21:16.

                Comment


                • #9
                  sort your pics out! This is like the worst ebay ad! pics the size of postage stamps

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have just run this registration number through the DVLA's website and it confirms that it was first registered in March 1993. This makes it a very late registered K' plate MG Montego. Even later than the factory registered K...CAC examples which were all MG Montego 2.0is finished in black.

                    With the exception of two Flame Red examples I know of which attracted L registrations, this is one of the very last MG Montegos to be registered.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tis true, i also know of an L plate in black though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Iv been across to the car today and got some pictures but i will put them up tomorrow night once iv finished repeiring the sills so people can see its been done properly with weld.
                        Both doors on the drivers side are rotten on the bottom edge. I could just fill it to get it sold but that would be unfair on whoever buys it as the rust would just come back so i have just orderd a new rear one from rimmers but they dont have a front one. If i cant get hold of a front one before next weekend, the origonal one will need to just be repaired but i would much rather a new one went on.

                        The car has done 69520 miles.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I found a load of old tax disks in the glove box and they show that the privat plate was put onto it in 1997 and the origonal reg number was G986 BBH so it must have been put onto an age related plate when registerd.
                          The tinted rear windows will have the tint removed so they will go back to the origonal bronze tint.




                          Rear inner arch. Not been touched yet!



                          Only fault with dash.





                          Comment


                          • #14


                            I will remove the radiator and sandblast the front crossmember befor puting stonegurde onto it.





                            Comment


                            • #15
                              On the assumption this MG Montego is currently registered as A17 PFT, the suggestion that it was originally registered on a G' registration does not seem to add up. A vehicle check using the DVLA's website suggests that the current car registered on this cherished registration was first registered on 1st March 1993, therefore making it registered during the K' registration period.

                              The registration number G986 BBH is longer recognised as being linked to a Rover or MG, so the car is probably no longer in existence.

                              I am only guessing here, but I am wondering whether the previous owner of this current 1993 registered car with the cherished plate owned another MG Montego before it, which was a G' registered car, and they simply kept all the old tax discs from it.
                              Last edited by David3500; 22nd October 2012, 15:54.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X