Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Maestro van windscreen

Hi guys

I have just had to take the windscreen and rubbers out of my maestro van so as to be able to sort the rust behind it. Unfortunatley the windscreen didnt survive, it was very well bonded. My question is..... where can I get one from? I am guessing they are still available new? Alternatively the van is currently in Lincoln so if there is anybody near there with one for sale please let me know.

Many thanks
    Tim

rimmers have them http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-JPC3308

and the club have them as well.

Comment

They are readily available.

I had one fitted a couple of years ago on my insurance. I had the choice of clear (which I needed) or tinted and it was a genuine Rover part. The Maestro hatch, van , Montego saloon and estate all have the same sized windscreen which helps.

If you need a new rubber seal, specify one from a Citroen BX - cheaper and better than the original one.
      Last edited by matthewsemple; 7th February 2013, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by L120 YNL View Post
        Hi guys

I have just had to take the windscreen and rubbers out of my maestro van so as to be able to sort the rust behind it. Unfortunatley the windscreen didnt survive, it was very well bonded. My question is..... where can I get one from? I am guessing they are still available new? Alternatively the van is currently in Lincoln so if there is anybody near there with one for sale please let me know.

Many thanks
        Tim
        In Lincoln....ooo that's a tease, so am I
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Dunno

Hey guys

Thanks for the replies chaps, appreciate it. I never thought of Rimmers, I should of though as I worked next door to their place for bloody years! Good call but when they were contacted today they said they didnt have any in stock . They also said that the screens are different depending on the year of the van!? News to me! As mine is one of the later ones it is different to the earlier ones!? True or false!? Liking the BX rubber idea, are they the same shape? I lived in Lincoln most of my life but managed to move to cornwall several years ago now, I like the place sea especially but I do miss my own kind. Occasionally! The van is in Lincoln for now but will come back to me when its back in the land of the living, it is impossible to sort it out down here!

Thanks again all for your help, it is very useful and as I say much appreciated

Comment

The only difference is the top tint and whether the interior mirror slug is bonded on or not. Physically they are all the same size/fitment.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thanks ETV

Comment

There is a place in Collumpton that has windscreens for £35. No use for me as too far away, but if you're Cornwall way should be a bargain!

In fact if you get one and ever fancy dropping off an extra one in Peterborough or St Albans I'll pay you for your troubles.

Anyway, ebay link:
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-MG-...item5d300ab092
                Ian Drew
                MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                MG ZT V8
                Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Hey Ian

I saw those on eBay, I did consider it. I would maybe consider your offer but I don't think my van would make it that far! Got a windscreen now from Rimmers, which is a relief.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                  X