MG Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] MG Montego

A cheap MG Monty for sale in Wolverhampton (I've no association with seller, just came across it whilst trawling)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...990/1017582123

Andrew

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
    A cheap MG Monty for sale in Wolverhampton (I've no association with seller, just came across it whilst trawling)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...990/1017582123

Andrew
    Car is also on classifieds, brg with 3 pictures
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

MGMats old car, passed on by me as the clutch had gone, broken window and was what I thought to be too good to break for F700, and too good to scrap.

Wish I had now kept it and stripped it for the above as the only contender that has come my was isnt really appropiate due to being a 1.6 estate.
      Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
      1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
      1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
      1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Yes was my old car which was saved from a scrappie in Birmingham. Nice that it has had some upgrades like the leather seats but shame it has no MOT still, even though a new clutch has been fitted aswell as would have been nice to drive home otherwise.

Comment

That car was advertised no later than last week on Gumtree for £500 or near offer with more pics. Needed some paint work to the sills. However original ad didnt mention the clutch needing replaced or broken window. Seems car has been sold then goes up in price but still mot less.
          Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
          Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
          Morris ital 1.7slx 83
          Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

The car had a few issues that needed addressing when I bought it as it had been standing doing nothing for a while before it ended up at the scrap dealer. Window alledgedly got smashed whilst at breakers after I paid for it.
            Although some issues were addressed, it still needed many bits doing so I replaced that car for something else. Not sure if window and other stuff has been replaced but at the end of the day it's too much money for a car without an MOT and makes you think twice about it when the seller does'nt want to MOT it either.

Comment

Any more info on what needed doing? Cos before I read this I just spoke to the seller, this car should be coming to Essex soon......
              But I need it on the road asap as my daily.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_stu View Post
                Any more info on what needed doing? Cos before I read this I just spoke to the seller, this car should be coming to Essex soon......
                Don't think Matt ever drove the car, if you search through Lees posts [Bodgit] he had the car stored at his house and put a few pictures on the site. He bought it off Matt and then sold it on.

Comment

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14553
                  Near the end of the thread

Comment

Best speak to Lee about the car as he had it for a good duration of time and had given me a fair assessment of what needed doing to it.
                    As Jeff mentioned, I never drove the car because of work needed doing to it and not having an MOT, although it did have a couple of months left on it when I bought it. A new clutch was needed but read somewhere this had been done. I never saw the car in the flesh either and check for the rear side window as one was smashed.
                    Good luck with the car if you have decided to buy it, I might have kept it if the work could have been sorted but G990 HOF became available at the time so I bought that car instead and decided to part with this one.

Comment

Just had a chat with the seller again, hopefully this will be on the back of the truck on its way to Essex this week

Comment

Just had a chat with the seller again, hopefully this will be on the back of the truck on its way to Essex this week
                        Hope the car turns out alright for you and that you get it MoT'd all okay and without too much bother, be good to see it sometime.

Comment

Its comments like that that are worrying me!
                          I've had some pics sent to me this morning, couple of little bits I've noticed but seems like a decent one

Comment

And if it turns out to be a wrongun I'll break it like the last one lol

Comment

I've just dropped this off down the workshop, I'll get some pics up tomorrow, gotta be at work in 4 hours so best get some sleep lol

Comment

Working...
                              X