Free to Good Home - 1989 Montego 1.6L - Gillingham, Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gothbiker18 View Post
    Its just down the road from me lol, hope its a good one.
    Where in Gilingham is/was it?

I wonder who has bought it? Not for banger racing I hope!

Comment

Hotel road.
      To be fair I didn't really have the room. I just hope its gone to a good home.
      I was only planning on using it as a smoker then dropping a t16 in when my turbos finished. Assuming I didn't get it mot'd and pass it on just in the hope of seeing another one round here occasionally lol

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_stu View Post
        Not impressed! The womans just emailed me to say someones just bought this. I'm not pissed off as such but annoyed that she's obviously been advertising it as for sale as well as offering it up on here, and all week she's let me think um going to pick it up Saturday without even a clue about the truth.
        Don't get me wrong, its her car she can do what she likes but she's been a bit unfair.
        Are you sure it was sold and not just claimed by one of the other people who enquired?

Comment

No it was sold and will be my daughters first car,17 th birthday present she wants us to get it all legal to use plus wants to learn how to maintain it by helping me gettting ready for its mot

Comment

Originally posted by hairyone View Post
            No it was sold and will be my daughters first car,17 th birthday present she wants us to get it all legal to use plus wants to learn how to maintain it by helping me gettting ready for its mot
            Thats made me happier about it
            I was considering getting it just to break, at least its gone to a good home

Comment

well it is now insured for a year,i will be leaving at about ten to go with my brother to pick it up wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by hairyone View Post
                well it is now insured for a year,i will be leaving at about ten to go with my brother to pick it up wish me luck
                Are you driving it back? Look forward to some pics in due course. Good luck with it
                1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                1989 BMW 316i
                2013 BMW 320d Touring
                2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
                Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Stu, this happens a lot on most forums hence why I keep quiet about anything I'm buying as its very annoying when someone gazumps you.

I have planned a few journeys through this site to then receive the same 'sorry its not available now' details just as im about to leave.
                  Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                  1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
                  1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
                  1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

I will not be driving it back because it is a long way to drive it before giving it a good once over so I will be recovering it with my brother.I will try to get pictures up as soon as I can,with regards about buying stuff I to have aslo had the same happen to me more than once that's why I kept as quiet as possible this time because my daughter really wanted it and my son whos 14 said he also would like it to be his first car so I hope its as good as they say it is

Comment

I didn't realise how close Hotel Road was to me as in I didn't even know where it was lol but is about 2 minutes from my house lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bodgit0_0 View Post
                        Stu, this happens a lot on most forums hence why I keep quiet about anything I'm buying as its very annoying when someone gazumps you.

I have planned a few journeys through this site to then receive the same 'sorry its not available now' details just as im about to leave.
                        I've been working on getting hold of mint sri 130 cavalier locally, so far managed not mention it to anyone for exactly the same reason lol.
                        In all honestly i probably would of ended up just breaking this montego.

Comment

What's all this talk about 'buying' and 'selling' it was a free car, and the first person who rang up and said they wanted it got it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by CPL593H View Post
                            What's all this talk about 'buying' and 'selling' it was a free car, and the first person who rang up and said they wanted it got it, right?
                            so what you've done there is state the obvious but put it in a tone that suggested to me when I first read it, that you either think there's an argument going on here or your trying to instigate one.

Comment

Just to people straight i paid cash for it when picked it up it was not free

Comment

im not sure how this has all come about,

we have a person who has been let down by the owner and a person who has paid for a car that I was told was free.

serves me right for trying to help, next time i'll be less likely to help these garage finds get new owners

its all irrelevant now, as at the end of the day, a montego has found a good home.

Comment

Working...
                                X