Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a police car project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Anyone interested in a police car project?

I probably have the only Maestro Police car left in existence. It used to operate in Fleetwood, Lancashire.

The car is very much a restoration project, some work has been started on it. However there is much more to do. When the car came off the road in 2003 it was MOT able. The worst part of the car is repair needed to the A-Pillar. The car has been dry stored since. It has a 18,000 mile 1.3 A-Series engine in it. I have an album here (Link)showing the car as it was and some of the work in progress, and also some of the parts that needed repairing.

If someone is seriously interested in restoring the vehicle then I would be prepared to negotiate a price for the car including parts.

I am not in a rush to part with it so please don't email me if you just want to vulture for parts. This is just an initial enquiry to see if there was any interest in the car. If it does come down to listing parts I will list them as and when I can reach them as with a newborn and toddler time is limited and I cant have them rampaging around an unsafe garage whilst I am rummaging for a specific part.
    Last edited by Beaker; 20th March 2014, 10:24.
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Linds,

I know of a serving Police officer who might be interested. (she already owns an XX Mk1 Rover 827 traffic car as seen at BMC/BL Rally)

Ok if I cross post this for you?

Comment

Yes I don't mind at all.
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Ok, I have messaged her about it, but her work and current fleet may mean she hasn't the time for such a project.

but...... You never know.

Mal.

Comment

bump

Comment

I was only just talking about these in the Police Cars thread. There were loads of them round here. Hope someone saves it.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
            MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Below is part of an email I sent with a figure in mind to an interested party

Having thought about the price of the car I have a figure in mind of £500, which includes scrap value price for the car (bearing in mind it has had a replacement engine in the past and now has about 20,000 on it), and the following replacement parts which it needs – complete set of rust free doors, rust free wings, replacement scuttle, low mileage replacement seats, rear speaker panels, rust free hatch. If I find anything else I have forgotten about I will put it in the car.
              It may seem a lot at first glance for the car but it includes the large rare to find panels to repair the vehicle plus the fact it has a 20,000 mile engine in it. I would love for someone to restore this as it is unique. The car hasn't been moved in 3 years but we can make sure it is running (so driveable) before it goes and we may even be able to fit the spare doors on to make it water tight.

Perhaps admin could move this to the for sale section now?

Comment

Wbat kind of price are you looking for! Im looking for a new project and signed up to here to try and find one

Comment

Hi,

It says above in the post. £500.

Comment

Just thought I would bump this up. If anyone has any questions/interested then let me know. The above price does not include the lightbar but I could make a deal on that.

The pictures do not show it that well, but some of the rusty doors have been removed for access to welding.

Also has mentioned above included will be four rust free doors, hatch and wings.

Comment

bump

Comment

it was very interesting to see all the pictures and the work what had been done on this police vehicle

Comment

bump

Comment

Is anyone interested in the vehicle without the spares?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skatie...7641752780183/

Comment

Don't understand why it hasn't sold for £500 including parts Lindsey.
                              Not a bad price that
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X