Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Wanted] Quick question

    Hiya, I just wanted to know if forged t16 conrods will fit into my o series? I only ask as these are off the shelf as where my o series ones will have to be commissioned and custom made etc which I was prepared
    To do anyway but would be nice to have a cheaper option lol

  • #2
    They are longer than the O series rods, so it depends on what pistons you are using.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

    Comment


    • #3
      When you're going for 2,000,000bhp there are no cheap options!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by countrydude View Post
        When you're going for 2,000,000bhp there are no cheap options!
        It was for another project I had in mind lol my turbo 70 is getting the proper treatment from wossner rods and pistons with a cosworth made billet crank.. Almost comes to £7k for just that lot as it's custom aha... Empty my piggy bank on this one lol

        Comment


        • #5
          i got mine crank and rods from these far better than wossner

          http://www.arrowprecision.com/conten...am-rods-i-beam
          MG Maestro turbo 437
          367 Bhp

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
            They are longer than the O series rods, so it depends on what pistons you are using.
            Okay that's what I thought so cheers for clearing it up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
              i got mine crank and rods from these far better than wossner

              http://www.arrowprecision.com/conten...am-rods-i-beam
              Hmm, are they really better? Was yours custom? how much were they?

              Comment


              • #8
                ...and the gudgeon pins are a different size.
                Ian Drew
                MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                MG ZT V8
                Rover 75 V6 Estate

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ian drew View Post
                  ...and the gudgeon pins are a different size.
                  Oh right fair enough, take it the I series are bigger.. Lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    not custom for rover turbo, not sure for O series turbo might have to get them custom
                    MG Maestro turbo 437
                    367 Bhp

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                      not custom for rover turbo, not sure for O series turbo might have to get them custom
                      Oh right okay mate. Yeah will have to have them made I would imagine as I don't think anyone makes forged things for the o series

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have Low compression Forged JE pistons 7:1 in my O-Series engine.

                        www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

                        2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                          I have Low compression Forged JE pistons 7:1 in my O-Series engine.
                          Yeah... Arnt these made for the m series? As they have valve cut outs don't they?
                          Last edited by mg turbo *70*; 26th August 2014, 16:55.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Je would have made pistons for the o series back in the day. They possibly still have the spec if you ask them

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What Model Is It !!

                              I have had my Austin Maestro for just over 12 months, It had been stored for over 20 years, and only 14.00 miles on the clock, bodywork almost perfect, no rust, We replaced roof lining, ( easier than I though!!) I need some to tell me what model it is. Very basic dash, not even a Cigarette Lighter, 1275,cc.
                              Moonraker Blue, Black Bumpers, ,No Head Rests, Manual Windows, Is that enough for someone to help me, Regards Botley Boy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X