Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG Montego Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [For Sale] MG Montego Project

    Letter received from Club member based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne

    In summary;

    1985 MG Montego in Silver Leaf with approx. 97,000 miles. Out of use for approx. two years initially due to unavailability of metric tyres. Car currently not MoT-able due to rear wheel arch rot. Sounds to have been well looked after prior to lay-up. Regular Waxoyl treatment. Many new parts fitted prior to lay-up. Interior described as unmarked. Four cardboard boxes full of new parts come with the car. Membership records show the car is 'B' registrations and likely to still be with its first and only owner.

    Terms and Conditions;


    Car and parts available for £150 only if towed or transported away.

    PM me or reply to this post if you want the contact details.

  • #2
    Pm'ed
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      Whoops, I have another project
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice one, pictures please when you have them
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        Rover 218 VVC Coupe
        MG TF
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon WRX

        Comment


        • #5
          It's a tad rotten and only really suitable for spares, bought anyway between myself and Ray as shared but pics to follow
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 5th October 2014, 15:19.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

          Comment


          • #6
            The car


            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #7
              More rot


              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #8
                Last ones and the only reason it's being bought are these


                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • #9
                  Inner and outer arches are rotted through, sills are rotten, 3 doors are rotten, off side rear wing is shot, where the boot meets the rear panel is crumbling, Extensive filler under the rear windscreen, boot has extensive rust, front wings are rotten, you can see the open air through some floor panels, petrol pipe surround is rotten and more rot throughout the car

                  Good bits
                  All electrics work, 4 boxes of new parts, interior is in mint condition, seats are unmarked, carpet is very clean, door cards are unmarked, early engine isn't seized, all bumpers are good, new springs and shocks, other new parts, good rad, good hoses.
                  The car is fit only for breaking which is a shame as it's one owner from new. Cost £8,600 new, but it has been bought by Ray and myself and will be moved to Mals barn when I come back off holiday.
                  Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th October 2014, 15:13.
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                  2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I love these early ones Jeff. Some shocking rot which is a shame though. I remember a time when most Montys on the road were as rotten as that!
                    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                      It's a tad rotten

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        its a shame, am sure it could be saved just time and most of all money
                        MG Maestro turbo 437
                        367 Bhp

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          I love these early ones Jeff. Some shocking rot which is a shame though. I remember a time when most Montys on the road were as rotten as that!
                          Haven't seen arches this bad for years, well that's lie as the HLS in the graveyard is the worst ive ever seen
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                            its a shame, am sure it could be saved just time and most of all money
                            I do have every panel needed Peter in my spares but as you say it's money
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wonder what it's worth would be all done up?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X