Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego countryman t16 valuation not for sale yet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [For Sale] Montego countryman t16 valuation not for sale yet

    Wasn't sure which section to put this in so feel free to move it.
    Basically I'm still very undecided yet but toying with the idea of selling my t16 montego and just wondering what people think would be a fair asking price?
    Idea of the spec:
    It's a m reg monty countryman with 100k on the clock it's just had new rear wings which have been filled and primed just needs painting which I will get done before selling.
    Also had welding done to the sill ends and front suspension turret so it's all solid and up together/ rust free bar the fuel filler pocket which still needs doing.
    Interior wise it's all standard by some half lether 220 coupe front seats and a boost gauge.
    The engine is a 2.1 litre T series turbo engine with arias forged Pistons standard rods custom t28 turbo gizmo boost controller boost cut removed on ecu, updated fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator.
    Magnecore ht leads triple core rad double length maestro turbo inter cooler
    Custom silicone boost and water pipes apexi air intake filter
    Probably other stuff I've forgotten about.
    Long story short I will get it rolling roared and set up on higher boost and should be getting very close to 300bhp which should be very interesting! Currently only running 12psi and its a bit of an animal.
    Also suspension is kyb shocks and avo lowering springs and tge rocker covers on the engine have been hydro dipped red carbon. Gearbox has been fully rebuilt with steel caged bearings and it's running the genuine paw big brake kit with black diamond discs and ebc yellow stuff pads
    Engine and gearbox have done roughly 8k since rebuild and the whole thing feels strong as an ox.
    Hopefully that all reads ok I've just been trying to remember what I've done to it and write it down.
    So over to you lot what do you recon it would be worth?



  • #2
    I have no idea but I would hack my right arm off with a toothpick to own it! I shall be watching with interest and counting my pennies!

    Comment


    • #3
      Asked on rover tech as well but not getting any real answers I was thinking once all up together somewhere in the region of £2000 to £2500 don't know if people think that's realistic?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mgt16 View Post
        Asked on rover tech as well but not getting any real answers I was thinking once all up together somewhere in the region of £2000 to £2500 don't know if people think that's realistic?
        I would say that's about right. What it's worth and what someone will want to pay is a different matter though
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #5
          Blimey, with that spec I bet it goes like a rocket!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Understatement lol she does shift lol

            Comment


            • #7
              My dream was to build a T16 Countryman. Are you still thinking about selling?
              Neil
              90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
              94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
              01 MG ZS 180
              97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
              16' BMW 330d M Sport
              14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
              57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

              Comment


              • #8
                Does anyone know if this car is still around?

                Comment


                • #9
                  that's a monster monty ,nice job!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    as an after thought,what do we all reckon a clean td estate is worth, I have one restored and another great survivor,this red ones an absolute bargain at 2-3k I think

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X