Maestro Turbo in MOT magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Maestro Turbo in MOT magazine

Just seen this in the MG owners club magazine. It may be the one someone spotted recently?
    Attached Files
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

If it has been parked there for 12 years I would hate to think what the body is like. Enthusiast owned once I guess given the change of wheels.

I wonder why folk just leave cars?

Comment

Does look very much like it. The thread is here: http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20916I managed to find out that it is located on a disused airforce base, somewhere around Saffron Walden.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

If the car is owned by who I think owns it, based on the location referred to in the advert, then the reasons behind why it is has not moved for 12 years are down to their work and family commitments. They are a genuine enthusiast but other pressures have meant they have not been able to pursue their interests even though they originally had the best intentions in mind - I am sure there are quite a few enthusiasts in the same boat.

On the upside, they have seen fit to advertise it at a realistic (and negotiable) price in a publication where it might attract the interest of a fellow enthusiast, who will look to return it to its former glory rather than merely bodge and race it.

Again, this is based on who I think might own it.

Note: I have just checked the phone number and I can confirm that I do know who the owner is and that they are a genuine enthusiast of the front-wheel drive MG saloons. The points I have made about the reasons why the car has not likely been moved for 12 years will therefore be correct.
        Last edited by David3500; 15th March 2015, 10:31.

Comment

Working...
        X