2ltr EFI engine for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 2ltr EFI engine for sale

I have a 2ltr EFI engine for sale had the engine for a while but unable to fit it to my mg maestro as my ex wife sold it without telling me and had all my stuff stolen so the car is no longer about so im looking for about £450 for it or make me a decent offer as i know good engines are hard to come by
    Last edited by Rallyman; 20th April 2015, 17:54.

is it ex-factory brand new?
    midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Would have to be new and a little more....

A new lump recently sold for 350 ish (Ebay?)

Comment

Im only asking for for what i paid its not knew but its worth every penny

Comment

Im not getting into a debate over an engine im selling it and i know there is people out there restoring classic cars so if anyone is interested and wants to make me a serious offer then lets talk. I seems a shame that its just sitting there when it could do some good in a motor or its gonna end up scrap.

Comment

I often read the above types of post with a query (though usually in a whole car advert) in as much as the O.P. is asking a strong but probably fair price for an item then after a couple of replies then says it could end up a scrap where one may be lucky to get £20 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallyman View Post
              Im not getting into a debate over an engine im selling it and i know there is people out there restoring classic cars so if anyone is interested and wants to make me a serious offer then lets talk. I seems a shame that its just sitting there when it could do some good in a motor or its gonna end up scrap.
              If you're not willing to 'debate' as you put it then scrap value will be around £40-50? An offer on the engine if it can be seen running, etc could be around £200-250.

So take a £200 loss and scrap it, or... Seems you are in the wrong place to announce scrapping a perfectly good engine though.

Comment

the price of scrap has gone steadily downhill for the last 2 years or more.
                I scrapped a Midget bodyshell last summer - £37! - and it's a bit less now. An engine might be around a tenner.
                midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
                  the price of scrap has gone steadily downhill for the last 2 years or more.
                  I scrapped a Midget bodyshell last summer - £37! - and it's a bit less now. An engine might be around a tenner.
                  True, my brother in law scrapped and old Jag and filled it full of scrap metal and got £29 for it, and the cheque bounced
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                  2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                  2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

re non running engine

i think this post is going nowhere.acept the market price and put engine on e-bay and some one will pay the price the auction ends at.be it 99p or £450 (simples)

Comment

Working...
                    X