Former London Fire Brigade Van - Suffolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Former London Fire Brigade Van - Suffolk

I am very sad to be selling this van which was my work van for many years. I previously posted a thread about how she was stolen and recovered (http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8747), and then after that I did her up a bit, but now she has sat (and sat and sat and sat) for some years and needs some TLC. It's selfish of me to think that I will ever be able to get her running again myself - she needs to be in the hands of someone who has the technical expertise to get and keep her going.

Of course, as you would expect, she starts first time every time (when the battery is good!). The battery was replaced with a second hand one last year, but apart from that she's had nothing done since I stopped driving her. I would suggest that you consider coming and doing work on her before driving her away, unless you plan to move her on a low-loader. She'll need minimum an oil change and engine flush, and she needs at least one wheel changing as she has a flat! If you prefer I can make arrangements with a local garage to do the work on your behalf (or put you in touch with them).

So sad to see her go, but she must. Photos to follow. I have no idea on price, really - she's a rarity in that she still has her London Fire Brigade tax disk on display (obviously she was changed over to standard domestic tax when I bought her!). I still have some colour matched paint, a solid metal driving wheel lock and a roof rack (from a previous Maestro van) which are all included in this sale. I need every penny I can get right now so is £500 too much? Please give me your thoughts on that.

Edit to add: Mileage is 68050 and a full set of pics are available to look at here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/75026680@N04/8ErXr8

Any problems accessing that album please let me know - that was just the best way I could think of to show the best quality pics.

Price - open to offers over £500. I was amazed today how good the bodywork is - she's in great condition. The worst two things as you will see from the pics are cracked dashboard and drivers door seal has moved, and leaked for a year. It was dry when looked at last year, and now has a damp carpet!

I will add more pics tomorrow - the roof rack!

She is Diesel, and she's a 500. Anything else you want to know - please just ask.
    Last edited by flower; 13th January 2016, 17:45.

Pic hopefully uploaded - this is how she looked when freshly polished up a few years ago. She doesn't look like that right now! I'll take some pics of her tomorrow and you'll see then exactly where she is now. She needs polishing. I'll try and get pics inside the cab too so you can see everything.
    Attached Files

Comment

Why o why do these bargains always turn up a million miles away or at a time when funds are on the low side!!

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
        Why o why do these bargains always turn up a million miles away or at a time when funds are on the low side!!
        Haha - is she a bargain? Do you think she's worth more? I so need to get a good price as I'm very skint right now.

Comment

It certainly can't be expensive at £500, if it looks half as good as the pic then it must be worth it easily. Yes not everyone loved the Austin rover brand but some of us did, and now it's not that easy picking vehicles up like this, especially with the history yours has. Try to find another one, bet you can't and that's why prices are on the up.

Comment

Maestro van

I paid £510 for my ex AA bright yellow diesel van in December.
            No Mot, battery and plenty rust - required welding to rear sills, fuel pump and battery. All up and running now though.
            I still need two front doors if anyone has any for sale.
            I also have a spare workshop manual.

Comment

Originally posted by SA John View Post
              I paid £510 for my ex AA bright yellow diesel van in December.
              No Mot, battery and plenty rust - required welding to rear sills, fuel pump and battery. All up and running now though.
              I still need two front doors if anyone has any for sale.
              I also have a spare workshop manual.
              Thanks John, that is so helpful. She's in much better condition than that, so I'll reconsider the price - I'm open to offers. Pics are now up, and I'll edit the original post to give the link to those.

Comment

The pics look really good. I'm sure someone will snap your hand off. If you were a little closer I'd be giving you an offer now! I love it!

Comment

Please can you pm me your postcode?

Comment

Me too and can you pm me again please

Comment

That looks beautiful!! & local too!
                      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

For price try sold on ebay for reference

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/maestro-va...p2047675.l2557
                        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
                          For price try sold on ebay for reference

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/maestro-va...p2047675.l2557
                          That is beautiful too. I still love the look of them

Ok, dealing with PMs now guys, thank you.

Comment

Hello, if this van is still for sale I'd be very interested, or if anyone else has one. I miss my maestro

Comment

I have added some more photos to that set today - the leasing company folder and the roof rack (which came with my previous Maestro). I'll add some of them here, but probably better quality in that set.

Also thanks to Beaker, I took a look at all the Maestro vans that have sold through ebay in the last few months. I don't think she's worth £1,200 like the one Beaker linked to - she doesn't have an MOT even if she does have really good bodywork and interesting history. I would like £800 ono. I think that's a good price and still reasonable.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X