No announcement yet.

Carburettor vent valve (Part no AUU 1611) - MG Maestro Turbo 2 litre petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Carburettor vent valve (Part no AUU 1611) - MG Maestro Turbo 2 litre petrol

In my haste to re-assemble my Maestro Turbo I can now not find the carburettor vent valve. I am not sure I ever had one?

Part number AUU 1611

Anyone got a spare they could sell?

Cheers, Ian
    Last edited by carfix; 31st August 2016, 09:48.

Unfortunately its an NLA part. The fix to not having one is the block the end of the tube that runs between the carb and the valve with a suitable bolt to seal it off. You may have problems with hot starting with this "fix". Otherwise there are other Anti-Run On Valves about that do the same job. Just need to ensure that they open to atmosphere with no electric current to the valve (i.e. Ignition off) and are sealed with current flowing (ignition on).

I was looking for one, as the black wire had become detached from the valve on mine, but without any luck in locating one I have been able to get the thing working again (.... breathes sigh of relief)
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Hi Peter.

Many thanks for the info.

So armed with your information I have had a good look at the carburettor area again only to discover that one of the carb outlet tubes already has a small length of rubber hose finished with a sealing bolt.

So I guess the valve had already been replaced at some time by a previous owner.
      I thought it was likely as I meticulously labelled all the parts when I dismantled the car and was surprised that I could not find it in my pile of parts!

However, as I am trying to get the car back to "standard" (having already removed many "add ons" by the previous owner) I would like to re-fit one if possible.

I will keep on looking.

Thanks, Ian

Comment

Working...
      X