Turbo #61 needs rescuing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Turbo #61 needs rescuing

We have a long term Maestro owner who is based in Aberdeenshire who has MG Turbo #61 languishing in his garage. The shell is beyond saving, but the turbo specific parts are all in good condition. As it is one of the 49 with the black finish it would be a shame for it to end at a salvage yard. So, it needs a re-shell and from a purist point of view that would immediately lose its identity, but if someone has a standard MG to use as a basis, the owner would like to chat to you. He is looking for offers in the region of £1000.

There is also a base model 1.3 Maestro that is need of both sills being replaced, but is otherwise a sound and useable car. That one is open to negotiation on price.

Anyone genuinley interested in either of these cars, please contact me in the first instance and I will pass on the contact details. (He is a none-internet user, hence my acting as an intermediary)
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Anyone come forward to rescue this for restoration? Its easily worth more than a grand in parts just for body kit/engine and box and other bits and bobs. I hope it isn't sold to anyone with this as there objective.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I’ve messaged Pete so he can contact me or send my number on as I’ve just completed a full nut and bolt restoration on 315 also black so wanting another project im waiting for a reply

Comment

I’ve now spoken to Keith the owner of 61 thanks to Pete and it turns out he’s a Barnsley lad like me but now lives in Peterhead 425 miles from me so hopefully it’s getting collected next week

Comment

Thats great news. Glad its going to a good home. Would be interested to see some pictures when you get it home.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Apparently it’s been stood outside a lot of years and hasn’t been motd for nearly 20 years so I’m hoping it goes on the transporter without breaking in half

Comment

Maestro turbo 61 arrives at my house next Wednesday so that’s the 7th one I’ve owned so I now no I’ve got a incurable illness but it’s going to be the most challenging as rough is being kind to describe it but it’s a black turbo so it has to be resurrected

Comment

Working...
              X