Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Maestro 1.3L - NOW SOLD

Hello folks,
    After 18 years ownership, I am selling my 1987 Maestro 1.3L. Before advertising more widely, I wanted to offer the car to an enthusiast via the Club Forum.

The Lipari Blue 5-speed car has done 44,300 miles and is MOT'd until June 2023.

When I bought the car in 2005, I undersealed it with Dinitrol and treated the doors and cavities similarly. This has prevented the usual corrosion issues common to Maestros. The car looks bright and fresh inside and out and has proven to be reliable and economical to run - the latter attributable to the 5-speed gearbox I put in during 2009 at 22,000 miles. The 4-speed box will be sold with the car.

I have a large history file for the 2-previous owner car which includes the original Employee Purchase Scheme purchase order, the original purchase receipt (for £5851!) and Austin Rover Service Record.

This 1.3L Maestro was bought to replace my 1.3HLE which I ran and maintained from 1989 to 2007. Unfortunately tin worm finished that Maestro off so I stripped the car down for useful parts before scrapping the vehicle. Included in the sale of the 1.3L will be all the parts I have - a long list which I can provide to enquirers. Included will be the low miles gearbox mentioned above, drive shafts including UJs, starter motor, alternator, distributor, headlights, front indicators, rear light clusters, exhaust down pipe, brake discs and calipers. Included too are some new parts - front shocks, front and rear wheel bearings, clutch cable.

The new owner will also get two factory workshop manuals (for early and later Maestros), a well-thumbed Haynes manual and my back issues of the Club's Monstro magazine.

I am asking £1300 for the car including spares and manuals etc. I will include any other Maestro bits and pieces I find squirrelled away in the house and garage after 30 years of Maestro ownership.

I can email photos to interested persons and happy to take questions. I live in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by phildolley; 11th January 2023, 10:42.

Well done, looks a good buy that
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
    X