MG Montego HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Montego HELP!!

Hi I have inherited my Grandfathers 1990 2.0i Montego MG and want to restore it, does anyone know if there are any suspension and brake upgrades available for this vehicle? and where they can be purchased?

Thanks

Depends on what you want to do with it. There are 2 usual brake upgrades available. One will fit under standard wheels, the other won't.
    The first is to use standard calipers with new carrier brackets and modded VW discs (280mm).

The second is to use MGF trophy 4 pot calipers and modify the discs by skimming them down to something like 300mm) You'll need 16 inch wheels or larger to fit these though.

Suspension is a little trickier. There are lower springs and some slightly better shocks however then there is a huge leap to coilovers etc without the usual adjustable shock stage inbetween.

The first prioritiy should be the bodywork though as that is what will make or break the restoration.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Bodywork

I am starting the restoration with the bodywork and have already sourced the body panels I require for this, thanks for the info about the brakes and suspension I will certainly need it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 55ebailey View Post
        I am starting the restoration with the bodywork and have already sourced the body panels I require for this, thanks for the info about the brakes and suspension I will certainly need it in the future.
        How much needs doing to the body? Usual places I guess. Sills, rear arches etc?
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Working...
        X