Tickfor #437 on the bay (£6500 BIN!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickfor #437 on the bay (£6500 BIN!)

Just spotted this, T16 fitted and a rather high Buy It Now price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-Maestro...item3cc9ce9d59
    Last edited by MG MAL; 17th August 2012, 18:45. Reason: spelling

Teeny weeny thumbnails is doing him no favours at such a premium price.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

is it me or just lately, does there seem to be alot of Maestro Turbos for sale? Seems to be one every couple of weeks! lol

Comment

Yeah that happens quite often. They're like busses. One person lists theirs and a load more come out the woodwork. Then it's quiet again for ages.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

has any one seen this motor, if so is it a minter? it looks nice but im not sure about the price tag... any ideas about what a car like this is likely to sell for? ive already got a turbo, but would like a T16 jobber as i miss my Ti...

Comment

Well if it's as good as it looks (including proof that this is a first-class T16 conversion with a fully rebuilt engine) then I personally would be prepared to pay a premium for it, if I was in the market for such a car. That said, and as discussed elsewhere, MG Turbos with different engines and other non-standard mods are often seen as less desirable than standard cars in the same condition. Best thing is to go and view it, go over it with a fine tooth comb, and decide what it's worth to you.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Can't really understand why you'd take a rare car; ie one of a limited run, I know they're all technically rare now, then take out and replace the bit inside which is what in reality, makes it rare (aside from the body-kit). Why not just do that to a normal Maestro?

Comment

Here's some better photos i dug up:
                http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=197

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
                  Can't really understand why you'd take a rare car; ie one of a limited run, I know they're all technically rare now, then take out and replace the bit inside which is what in reality, makes it rare (aside from the body-kit). Why not just do that to a normal Maestro?
                  because someone ragged the original engine to death, maybe?

Comment

Have seen this car a few yrs ago at mgm day it was totaly minted real quality i would like but i am having to sell my cars on now due to ill health

Comment

Originally posted by MarkM View Post
                      Can't really understand why you'd take a rare car...then take out and replace the bit inside which is what in reality, makes it rare (aside from the body-kit)
                      What makes the car rare is not the engine nor the bodykit (fair enough the bodykits are quite rare now, though at one time they weren't, you could even buy them new from Austin Rover), it's the VIN plate and the V5C. In other words, the car's ID as a genuine MG Turbo. That's how you end up with VIN plates and V5s from valuable cars like Lotus Cortinas bringing eye-watering sums on eBay. I'll let you guess what the buyers are doing with them. Put it this way they're not putting them in a glass cabinet on display.
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I would say the VIN plate proves it is one of the 505 cars but keeping it original is what fetches a premium. The T16 used to be a popular conversion when there were a lot of Rover 220 Turbos around but now there are only about 100 Maestro Turbos left, an original O-Series engine is the one to have in there.

Comment

Are there really only about 100 left now?

Comment

Originally posted by philippope View Post
                            Are there really only about 100 left now?
                            36 licenced and 113 SORN in quarter 1 of 2012, according to How Many Left?

This won't include the handful of cars in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Northern Ireland. But I reckon a fair few of the SORNd cars will never return to the road.
                            Last edited by matthewsemple; 19th August 2012, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
                              36 licenced and 113 SORN in quarter 1 of 2011, according to How Many Left?

This won't include the handful of cars in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Northern Ireland. But I reckon a fair few of the SORNd cars will never return to the road.
                              Mine being one of them the way its going.

Simon.

Comment

Working...
                              X