eBay bidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay bidding

I was bidding on a nos Montego badge earlier and missed out at the as I suspected I would. Got me thinking though that it was probably someone on here that won. We probably all bid against each other on this type of stuff maybe we should form a bidding cartel!! Said with tongue in cheek given it goes against the spirit of these things!!!
    1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
    1989 BMW 316i
    2013 BMW 320d Touring
    2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Originally posted by seacow View Post
    I was bidding on a nos Montego badge earlier and missed out at the as I suspected I would. Got me thinking though that it was probably someone on here that won. We probably all bid against each other on this type of stuff maybe we should form a bidding cartel!! Said with tongue in cheek given it goes against the spirit of these things!!!
    What badge was it?
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Wasn't me though I did bid on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        What badge was it?
        Just montego. I need a 2.0i one as well mine aren't bad but the silver is wearing off the edges
        1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
        1989 BMW 316i
        2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

Just montego. I need a 2.0i one as well mine aren't bad but the silver is wearing off the edges
          There was a Montego named badge on ebay for ages, don't know if its stiil there though. 2.0i badge is a bit rarer
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

If you get yourself a copy of 'BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper' Free edition it will improve your chances. Also, set your bids to a figure ending in unusual numbers above the round numbers that people think in. Some even bid .99! Know the bid increments also. I'm giving away secrets here!
            Last edited by PhilBill; 12th May 2013, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilBill View Post
              If you get yourself a copy of 'BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper' Free edition it will improve your chances. Also, set your bids to a figure ending in unusual numbers above the round numbers that people think in. Some even bid .99! Know the bid increments also. I'm giving away secrets here!
              To be honest I always do the daft numbers at the end and I never really bought into sniping cos I bid the most I would pay - in the case of this badge I would probably have gone a bit higher but its my own daft fault - what I really need is a dont bid after booze feature!!! I guess sniping lets you win by a penny more or what ever the increment is and beats that psycology of just one more bid!!
              1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
              1989 BMW 316i
              2013 BMW 320d Touring

Treasurer

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-0-i-boot...item20d2c3203f

Comment

Lots of people adjust their top bid depending on what other people think. This is how markets and supply and demand work. Sniping is a good idea because by bidding you are giving other bidders market information. If they get it too late to do anything about it, then it means you may get the item for less or get an item that you might not have got otherwise. If you have a better idea of the market price than the others then you are one up, until you tell everyone what you think by bidding! Ebay reduced the length of time that the item completed search shows items for. I think they did this so that people will on average pay more, because a few people will heavily overpay because of having less accurate market information. A Google search often shows completed items that ebay themselves won't show on a search.

People think ebay is what is called an English Auction, where bidders bid against each other and the top bidder wins. It is more like a Dutch Auction that you may have seen in video of Dutch tulip auctions. The time limit with the falling clock hand changes the whole thing.

Anyway, I thought you could paint plastic very well these days. There is even DIY paint that gives a chrome finish good enough to be used to restore headlamp reflectors. I saw an Aston Martin fully painted with chrome paint recently - it looked really weird.

Comment

re badge

maybe againt the rules
                    a cartel.
                    but
                    i know how you feel when a last minute bid grabs your item

Comment

Working...
                    X