No announcement yet.

Various decals & stickers now available to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys, what were the original colour combos on the BRG cars?

red mg and turbo badge on boot?

silver or red on doors?

Comment

IIRC:
      BRG Cars: Nimbus Grey Turbo script on sides, Red Turbo and Octagon on hatch.

Red Cars: Nimbus Grey Turbo Script on sides, Black Turbo and Octagon on hatch

White Cars: Nimbus Grey Turbo Script on sides Red Turbo and Octagon on hatch

Black Cars: Nimbus Grey Turbo Script on sides. Red Turbo and Octagon on hatch

Comment

you forgot black strips for back bumper, and 2 reflector types for the front which are black no mater what colour you car is
        picture of my car so you can see what i mean

runs along bumper from exhaust, and front by spot lamps

MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
          you forgot black strips for back bumper, and 2 reflector types for the front which are black no mater what colour you car is
          picture of my car so you can see what i mean

runs along bumper from exhaust, and front by spot lamps

Didn't forget, haven't done them yet Peter
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I believe the question was in regards to colour's of the current stock and which was correct for a brg car, not strips and "fake" intake decals?.

Besides, most kit's by now have had theblack on the rears cut out and replaced with mesh, and the rest are usually painted.

Comment

cheers guys,

ill take the stock combo then,

IIRC:

Jeff - paypal ok?

Comment

oh, meant to say that white turbo is stunning!

Comment

Back turbo black vinyl would be useful if available (mine are all hand cut).

The front ones are actually special reflective black vinyl.
                  (most people look at you odd when you say this but take a photo with a flash of one and you'll see what I mean).
                  www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                  www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                  www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by chris-durham View Post
                    cheers guys,

ill take the stock combo then,

IIRC:

Jeff - paypal ok?
                    Yeah no worries
                    I'm away till sunday morning Chris and will have no internet access but I
                    Will put a set aside for you and sort when I get back.

Comment

Now also available
                      MG Turbo decals for MG Montego Turbos and some MG Metro Turbos.
                      They are brightly coloured and these pictures are just for illustration.
                      Door and bonnet decals in either red, nimbus grey or silver

Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th December 2013, 10:24.

Comment

eBay shop has been updated guys
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mandmoc/m....1&_ipg=&_from=

Comment

This would be a good sticker to get reproduced. Supercover had been replaced with Supercare by the time the Maestro was launched.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-ROV...item4617456a28
                          1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

The MG 'M' Group have been selling these for many years and have always avoided duplication of items such as the Now We're Motoring stickers and the radio stickers even though they are produced by a supplier that the MMOC were introduced to by the MG 'M' Group.

Some of these graphics appear to have been purchased from me and then reproduced as I sold some to Oli recently. Apologies if this is an coincidence however evidence on this thread suggests it is not a coincidence. The versions I had made a while back were made when the MG 'M' Group paid for the artwork to be set up. Over the years there has been a loose gentleman's agreement that we don't buy each other's merchandise and get it copied.

The Maestro Turbo graphics have been misleadingly listed on eBay as Manufacturer's OE specification. This is untrue as they have been copied from an altered design that I commissioned. The original ones are 'handed' so they don't have to be cut. The ones I had produced are a simpler design that have to be cut. The images above show that this phrase in the advert is incorrect: "These have been professionally reproduced to an extremely high standard using genuine decals"

Some people have posted above to say that it took too long to get them - that is often because I don't hold them in stock and I only order them as and when I receive orders. This is necessary because the market is tiny for certain graphics, e.g. MG Metro Turbo mark 1. It also means that they are brand new and haven't been lying around for a few months before being sold. This is important for the large graphics that don't store well in rolls. Some of the small graphics are held in stock and I do have the bumper inserts for the Maestro Turbo (back and front). It would be unhelpful to reproduce these when I have several sets in a drawer in my spare room.

On eBay there are items listed with images of graphics that have been taken from the MG 'M' Group's site without permission. Some of the graphics were not originally produced by Austin Rover and are my own design. These too have been offered for sale on eBay, again without permission.

Whilst I cannot do anything to stop people doing this, it is a bit off to say the least. I therefore would request that the images that have been taken from the MG 'M' Group's website plus any images of original designs are removed from eBay. Furthermore I would respectfully request that no more graphics reproduced from the design that I had commissioned (for which MG 'M' Group paid for the artwork) are manufactured.

Comment

I know the MG M Group has invested a lot of time in getting these graphics reproduced and selling them at a realistic price. I, for one, am hoping this "gentleman's agreement" between both clubs still stands as it is pointless two clubs producing the same items for what is, after all, a very limited market.

I have always been pleased with the items the MG M Group has supplied me with and the speed they have been dispatched.

Glad to hear you still have some of the bumper inserts for the MG Maestro Turbo in stock as several owners on here have been enquiring about them recently.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
                                The MG 'M' Group have been selling these for many years and have always avoided duplication of items such as the Now We're Motoring stickers and the radio stickers even though they are produced by a supplier that the MMOC were introduced to by the MG 'M' Group.

Some of these graphics appear to have been purchased from me and then reproduced as I sold some to Oli recently. Apologies if this is an coincidence however evidence on this thread suggests it is not a coincidence. The versions I had made a while back were made when the MG 'M' Group paid for the artwork to be set up. Over the years there has been a loose gentleman's agreement that we don't buy each other's merchandise and get it copied.

The Maestro Turbo graphics have been misleadingly listed on eBay as Manufacturer's OE specification. This is untrue as they have been copied from an altered design that I commissioned. The original ones are 'handed' so they don't have to be cut. The ones I had produced are a simpler design that have to be cut. The images above show that this phrase in the advert is incorrect: "These have been professionally reproduced to an extremely high standard using genuine decals"

Some people have posted above to say that it took too long to get them - that is often because I don't hold them in stock and I only order them as and when I receive orders. This is necessary because the market is tiny for certain graphics, e.g. MG Metro Turbo mark 1. It also means that they are brand new and haven't been lying around for a few months before being sold. This is important for the large graphics that don't store well in rolls. Some of the small graphics are held in stock and I do have the bumper inserts for the Maestro Turbo (back and front). It would be unhelpful to reproduce these when I have several sets in a drawer in my spare room.

On eBay there are items listed with images of graphics that have been taken from the MG 'M' Group's site without permission. Some of the graphics were not originally produced by Austin Rover and are my own design. These too have been offered for sale on eBay, again without permission.

Whilst I cannot do anything to stop people doing this, it is a bit off to say the least. I therefore would request that the images that have been taken from the MG 'M' Group's website plus any images of original designs are removed from eBay. Furthermore I would respectfully request that no more graphics reproduced from the design that I had commissioned (for which MG 'M' Group paid for the artwork) are manufactured.
                                Hi Matt
                                It was me who did these decals/stickers not the club.
                                I produced these with the guy who does my companies printing and were not 'copied' from MGM decals. (Post 33/34)
                                I have seen the MGM MG Maestro Turbo decals as Oli did indeed buy a set but as stated these were not copied. I have no interest in what Oli want's them for you will have to ask him. I started this process in April 2013 so unless he bought these then I can't see the relevance.

The radio stickers used and subsequently reprinted were donated by an overseas member and not in this country. (Post 18)

The storage of any stickers/decals is the clubs responsibility but thank you for pointing out about it and i will take your advise onboard.
                                All pictures used on the ebay ad are freely available on any internet search engine and none show any identifiable number plates and are for illustration only so unless you have copyright on any they will continue to be used. Oli assures me he did not directly copy any pictures/ images from the MGM site.
                                If any have been DIRECTLY taken from the MGM site and not a normal search engine can you point these out and I will remove them.
                                Looking at the wording of the ad you are correct and this will now be re-written and thank you for pointing this out. Its not the club intention to miss-lead any buyer
                                I far as I'm aware I haven't copied any original MGM group decal/stickers and all have been made from scratch to my spec and I'm sorry you feel 'a bit put out', it is not the clubs intention to create a rift between clubs.

I'm sure I can speak for the committee who have no interest in any time the MGM group takes to complete any sale/turnaround, I have looked through this thread and other than myself only one person has commented on it.

There have been many changes to the committee of the MMOC over the years, it changes slightly nearly every year. I am not personally aware of a loose 'gentlemans agreement' between the clubs, although there possibly was many years ago many of the current committee are not aware. As you point out it would have been a 'loose' agreement, as I point out this would have been many years ago.

As stated I did the decals/stickers from scratch so any loose gentlemans agreement in my eyes would not be relevant as any MGM stickers were not directly copied.
                                Neither, I, Oli or any committee member have done anything wrong so these will continue to be sold.
                                If you want to contact me Matt you know where I am and you know my number, if you don't then Patrick has it or pm me etc.
                                Many thanks Jeff
                                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th December 2013, 15:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X