X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that case ill buy this and swap for yours

Comment

Originally posted by MG Nut View Post
      KGM was a better car buy far so if he can get £5000 for that yours is worth £6000 any way we do it for the luv of the cars not the money but its nice to know these cars are really going up in Value
      Well said Brian, I did'nt buy KGM in the hope it would make more money long term, does not interest me that side of things, I did it because I wanted the car and KGM is being moved next weekend to it's new home as will be retained for permanent collection and looked after. But pleased to know you think KGM was the better car of the two since you owned them both so I appreciate your opinion from none who better.

But what does annoy me though is that before KGM was sold to me, the red one was available and I considered this car aswell as you may well rememeber and now I wish I had bought this one from your good self!
      But why has the seller put £5k plus on it when it is not going to sell for that?! Just seems to me the guy bought it to purely try and make a silly profit on it which is wrong. I wish I had bought it to stop a car like the red one from being passed into the wrong hands which it seems to have possibly done now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
        I have given it some thought but I have 2 reasons why I wont pursue it, 1. Id feel cheeky offering 3k when its 5K, 2. Even if I got it I wouldent be 100% happy with it as its a non facelift car, if I bought it I wouldent be happy and end up selling it on again, ill just keep waiting for something like this but facelift I think........
        Mike,

I'll answer your post with my opinion. The car is not worth £5k, it was not sold by the previous owner for anywhere near as much so you should consider an offer even if it is well short of the asking price because the asking price is over inflated anyway and no serious buyer is going to offer the asking price for this car. If this car sells for anywhere near the asking price then I will be putting £5k minimum price on all of each of my cars, and even then I would'nt sell as they are irreplaceable.

To answer your second point, you are going to have to take a chance if you are now specifically looking for a facelift car but you may not find what you want as the best of what is known to the club and what is left out there is now already in the hands of members here, example KGM is mine and Express Valeter has the concourse version of the same year and other later facelift cars are already here aswell as the best pre-facelift models are with members here and even if a later J or K reg one comes up I will be competing for it aswell. I have'nt seen any other 'Topline' facelift, or pre facelift MG Montego's for sale since so you must bare that in mind and possibly consider a car that has already been formerly owned by a member here even if it is a pre facelift one.
        I almost bought this red one when Brian was selling it via ebay but I did'nt because I already own a very similar one and the storage at the time was an issue but I wish I had bought it now.

I hope you will get what car you want though, but don't rule out a car because of it's silly over inflated price and not make an offer on it. This car is right up there with the best that is around.

Comment

Thanks Matt, PM sent

Comment

Thanks Matt, PM sent
            You're welcome mate and PM recieved and replied to.

Comment

In that case ill buy this and swap for yours
              lol, had I not spent out what I have on mine on all the work that has made the underneath of my car almost new looking I may have said yes to that!!
              I have a set of very freshly powdercoated springs ready to go on with new top mount bearings etc so will look even nicer shortly then the inside of the boot area is to be painted.

Comment

But at least you will know how to do it a 2nd time around

Comment

MG Montego

Well all you MG Monty guys should be rubbing your hands he has a bid of £5000 you will all have to up your ins valuations ,excellent news

Comment

Well all you MG Monty guys should be rubbing your hands he has a bid of £5000 you will all have to up your ins valuations ,excellent news
                    You know the seller then?

Comment

A bid is one thing, a sale is another.......

He told me hes spent 3k putting the car right hence why its 5k, somehow I doubt that, I feel hes after a good profit!

Comment

A bid is one thing, a sale is another.......

He told me hes spent 3k putting the car right hence why its 5k, somehow I doubt that, I feel hes after a good profit!
                        I agree and at this money I would be very surprised if the sale goes through or isn't shill bidding or the like - to bid on this you would need to see the car and if you did that you would negotiate a sale off the bay and be done with it IMO.

It does look superb though......
                        1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                        1989 BMW 316i
                        2013 BMW 320d Touring
                        2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
                        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

mg Montego

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                          You know the seller then?
                          No i dont know seller just been keeping an eye on it as its my old car it didnt need much doing to it it was pretty well mint when i sold it to him

Comment

No i dont know seller just been keeping an eye on it as its my old car it didnt need much doing to it it was pretty well mint when i sold it to him
                            So it didn't need 3k of work when you sold it then Brian?

Comment

mg Montego

No way i would have thought £250/£300 max silly little jobs he is just trying to make a few bob selling it on

Comment

No way i would have thought £250/£300 max silly little jobs he is just trying to make a few bob selling it on
                                Thought so, sounds to me like hes more interested in profit than the actual car, I just hope whoever buys it looks after it, its too much for me at 5k, but for that kind of money it needs to have the rust sorted and a good detail.

Comment

Working...
                                X