No announcement yet.

Nice MOntego EFI.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm honestly surprised, as I'm sure possibly nearly everybody else on here, that the car has a bid on it and I hope it sells but it is by far the most expensive MG Montego I have seen for sale all the time I've been a member of the club. As Mike says, a bid is one thing, a sale is another.

I can only compare this car with my Targa Red MG in the sense why this car may have possibly sold for this sort of money. F83 PAE had approx £3k spent on it being restored in 2006. Plus whatever the car cost the previous owner to purchase and then the cost of additional spare parts and new interior parts aswell so no doubt the £5k mark was reached on outlay for this car at one point. It certainly did'nt cost me anywhere near this price when I bought it, but I will still say I was very lucky I bought the car for what I paid for it and surprised it never sold before I came here and bought it.

I'm guessing someone either new to the Montego foray or someone who is desperate for a good MG version has possibly bought it as it is too expensive imo, but that being said though somebody would have had to have spent money on the car just like they did on my one.

Maybe this is the sign of things to come now and that most people now realise the rarity of our cars and that they can maybe now start to command the right money for them, or even premium money as is the case here.
    With things picking up now in terms of the economic climate this surely means this could be a great turning point for classic cars again.

Well if it sells then I'm putting a higher valuation on all my cars thats for sure.

Bidder I notice has 400+ feedback so could be genuine but atleast we will know if it is genuine or a shill bid rather than a newbie possible time waster.

Comment

MG Montego

Can i have KGM back now please Matt i miss it very much pretty please

Comment

Originally posted by MG Nut View Post
        Can i have KGM back now please Matt i miss it very much pretty please
        Oh Brian! Please don't make me feel guilty! Shall we start the bidding from £5k upwards? I'll have a think about it. Okay I've thought about it and as much as I like you mate I can't let KGM go back to you! Not even if there were a few pints thrown in with it aswell!!!
        It's just been moved to it's new home along with the rest of my fleet as you may have now seen mate.

I wish I had bought the red Montego from you now when I originally enquired to you about it, I did'nt in the end because of my red one and knowing KGM may come up for sale as it did, but I bet you wish you had'nt sold either now! You make sure you hang on to that Maestro Turbo though mate.

Think we are due for another pint aswell!

Comment

MG Monty

Thanks Matt i was half joking but i do miss my old cars must catch up with you some time and have a few beers al the best Brian

Comment

This red MG isn't sold yet, I will wait to see if it's re-listed. A bid is one thing, actually paying and picking it up is another these days
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Well its ended.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
                Well its ended.......
                And.............waits for the re-list.............
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                  And.............waits for the re-list.............

Comment

Working...
                  X