Yes of course it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes of course it is

Well now, the ONLY Montego model made from a rover 800, AND it's been 'carefully' repainted
    Yeah right,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repainted-...item19f6067914

And a Maestro. Oh dear lord hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repainted-...3D111501801748
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 5th November 2014, 14:06.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Is this serious??

Comment

It would be the only one!

Comment

Repainted with the gooey last drop of congealed blue or green paint from the bottom of the tin using a distemper brush? (Actually not far off factory finish to be fair... )

I wonder if I could reverse-engineer an MG Maestro into a Citroen Visa?

1/64 scale - that's teeny-weeny. If the models grew to full size, the lumps on that paint would be as big as Katie Price's boobies!

This seller has got a load of these "unique" models. He bases a Nissan Micra on a VW Golf, for example. I'm waiting for this to come up:

On offer is a beautifully resprayed and incredibly rare 1/64 scale model of a Daewoo Tacuma made from a Hoover Junior featuring precise detailing. I am very sure that this is the only version of this car in this scale, which means it is very collectible, so happy bidding.
        ...However as usual there's two sides to any story and to the credit of the seller, they have gone to the trouble to undertake these models and customise them and have clearly put in lots of effort and as such, they are proud of them. And why not? As a purist, one might scoff - but one cannot deny the time and creativity in researching and modifying these models. Let's face it, some of these creations are the only opportunity to obtain certain models, so I guess they do fulfill a need, Maybe it's time to revise my verdict and instead say, "Good on ya!"

I'm off now to fashion a Rover 25 out of a bar of Palmolive

I've actually been working on a green Maestro model project of my own- it's a sort of clip together thing but needs a bit more development. The thin thing is the exhaust pipe!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Simon; 5th November 2014, 21:18.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

The seller is from Kent. I'm ashamed to say I am from Kent too.

Comment

Oh, wow, the satisfaction of a job well done eh?

Comment

Bah! Ha Ha Hah!

Comment

Someone ask if they can order 100 of each that should keep him busy for a while!

Comment

Looks like some kind of resin material has been used to create the moulded-in details, hence the bumpy finish. Details look like they have been added with one of those paint markers.

I do find modelling quite fascinating!

Comment

i am sorry i would not find this room in the pedel bin
                    waste of time

Comment

I like the 6R4 esq wing on the 'vistro' .It looks like he's used touch up paint sticks for these,the problem apart from they don't look like the cars that they are supposed to be is that metallic paint is 1:1 scale so the metal flakes just congeal on the model
                      I have mentioned to a chap I know that works for bachmann about 1:76 scale MMs so we will have to wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        about 1:76 scale
                        Thats around OO scale, so Hornby Railway size.

Good work, Russ!

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                          Oh, wow, the satisfaction of a job well done eh?
                          Im sure a bit of T-cut would sort this lol

Comment

To give credit where it's due,if he'd sprayed them properly. His detailing on them is pretty good especially the tail light clusters, remember how small matchbox cars are

Comment

Well lets just hope he didn't give up the day job...

Comment

Working...
                              X