Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maestro Turbo No 423.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maestro Turbo No 423.

    In British Racing Green.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-MAESTRO...item19fcccc5fa

  • #2
    What a shame someone will potentially loose some interest in this car because they cannot master the basics of good English and sentence structure. Especially as they want 'top dollar' for it.

    This might sound rather condescending but I really cannot stand reading adverts where sellers cannot be bothered to write simple sentence structures using items called capital letters and full stops. If I cannot understand something because of the way it has been written I just ignore it.

    Comment


    • #3
      oh dear david you must of read the advert to spot the spelling mistakes.so you did not ignore the advert.lol

      Comment


      • #4
        The text in that add is/was one of the better ones I have read when looking for cars lol.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by David3500 View Post
          What a shame someone will potentially loose some interest in this car because they cannot master the basics of good English and sentence structure. Especially as they want 'top dollar' for it.

          This might sound rather condescending but I really cannot stand reading adverts where sellers cannot be bothered to write simple sentence structures using items called capital letters and full stops. If I cannot understand something because of the way it has been written I just ignore it.
          No its not good , but I have read a lot worse than that some people do it all in text talk which makes me mad .

          Comment


          • #6
            I try to focus on the car on offer - the guy could be dyslexic like me. Personally I don't judge other just because there not gifted with the written word

            www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

            2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

            Comment


            • #7
              David3500 - if the advert was better written would you have bought it?

              The annoying bit for me was the small mobile phone photos that make it hard to see the car properly. The owner also seems to have lost his keys because the photos of the interior were taken with the doors closed:



              And no, I am not going to buy it either because I already have one, although mine is white.

              Comment


              • #8
                Lovely original bonnet scoop Ooooo yeah
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by David3500 View Post
                  What a shame someone will potentially loose some interest in this car because they cannot master the basics of good English and sentence structure. Especially as they want 'top dollar' for it.

                  This might sound rather condescending but I really cannot stand reading adverts where sellers cannot be bothered to write simple sentence structures using items called capital letters and full stops. If I cannot understand something because of the way it has been written I just ignore it.
                  Before having a go at others I suggest you get your own grammar in order, if you don't know what I mean then look up the correct use of the word 'loose' and lose..

                  C

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Used to see this almost daily, at odd times of night!

                    Spotted this a few times when it was living in Bristol, see post#252:
                    http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...t=1401&page=13

                    Also:
                    http://maestro.org.uk/forums//showthread.php?p=138699

                    This is also of relevance:
                    http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18788

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Seems as though it was in the Bristol area for a while. Wonder how it has come for sale in Nottinghamshire now & wonder what happened to the member "Bristol Pete"?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chrisl View Post
                        Before having a go at others I suggest you get your own grammar in order, if you don't know what I mean then look up the correct use of the word 'loose' and lose..

                        C
                        I think that is what is commonly known as a typo - and a singular one at that out of the complete passage I wrote. It is not a grammatical error. I apologise without reservation for this oversight.

                        I see far worse than my single error in daily regional newspapers, particularly here in the Westcountry.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Strange what goes though some peoples heads. Someone's woke up one day and thought, I know what ail do today, stick a Subaru bonnet vent on me maestro even though the intercooler is at the front! Non functional and ruins the look of the car, look awesome (and functional) on a Subaru, not a maestro. First half decent one I have seen for sale for a while, that one on gumtree needs a lot of work, be interesting to see if it gets a bid. Wonder if the millage can be confirmed, seems very low for a 25yr old car that appears to have had a life.
                          MG Maestro Turbo #500
                          Rover 218 VVC Coupe
                          MG TF
                          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon WRX

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Back On Ebay.

                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-MAESTRO...item19fee3451b

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X