Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover Maestro 700 Van Diesel Running and Driving for restoration

Ex - London Electricity Transport Services
    This is the desirable version having the larger carrying capacity over the 500 series van coupled with the bulletproof Perkins 2.0L Diesel engine and a 5speed manual gearbox. This Van has just 1 previous owner which was the London Electricity Transport Services and would have originally carried blue livery on top of it's white paintwork.

I think the higher payload of any van is rarer, I know when I was looking for my vauxhall combo 10years ago they weren't that many about ( 2 tonne payload ).
    There are load of small differences between the two versions.
    Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by efi 2.0 View Post
      I think the higher payload of any van is rarer, I know when I was looking for my vauxhall combo 10years ago they weren't that many about ( 2 tonne payload ).
      There are load of small differences between the two versions.
      Alan.
      According to the parts list the only differences are the load rating of the tyres, the vin plate and the badge on the back door, which doesn't really justify the price difference when new. 10/10 for a good marketing ploy though...

Comment

Sorry I was referring to the combo van differences not the maestro van differences! Makes getting spares harder, things unique like brakes etc.
        No marketing ploy, no connection with van seller.
        Last edited by efi 2.0; 1st August 2019, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by efi 2.0 View Post
          Sorry I was referring to the combo van differences not the maestro van differences!
          Alan
          ahhh I see..I guess Vauxhall pushed th boat out bit further!

Comment

Don't know but still running around in it,. All ways half full of gear.

Comment

Working...
            X