Rover Maestro 2.0l Diesel M-Reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover Maestro 2.0l Diesel M-Reg

Rover Maestro 2.0L Diesel.Car is in great condition for its age. Much loved family car which has been owned by us for 20 years.

Done some miles! Good condition for its age mind. Will be the turbo diesel Perkins been last off the line as well so it will keep up with modern traffic. Could be a very nice car with light recommissioning and all the tat removed. MOT history suggests its going to need x4 shocks and springs but they can be still bought new for next to nowt. I am going to be stereotypical here and say its been owned by an older gentleman and been driven sympathetically.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Low mileage like that doesn't seem to have any ill effects on the turbo diesels..the non turbo's are the ones that seem to dislike not being used much..

Comment

Low millage Can the turbo diesel be tuned easily? I read somewhere they were rated at 80bhp but were more like 100, this true? Be a good sleeper at 150bhp and a whole load of torque.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Not a bad MoT history, that.

It looks as if it avoided the welding torch for most of its life, although you can see that the owner certainly liked to get his/her money's worth out of the tyres!
          1983 (Y) MG 1600
          1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
          1987 700 City 1.6 Van
          1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
          1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
          1990 Clubman D
          1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            Low millage Can the turbo diesel be tuned easily? I read somewhere they were rated at 80bhp but were more like 100, this true? Be a good sleeper at 150bhp and a whole load of torque.
            It is fairly easy to get a few more bhp out of them by adding an intercooler, then increasing fuelling and boost. They were rated at 81bhp, but have a fairly decent torque curve, so are not as peaky as some other high speed diesel engines (high speed by comparison with older Perkins that is...)

Comment

Working...
            X