Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GK AutoWorks back in business!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GK AutoWorks back in business!

    Some of you may know that i used to run a small scale repair, tuning and restoration business last year and after some time working for other people at a low wage i have decided to make a big step in pushing the company to the next level.

    The mainstay of my business is small and medium scale restoration on the Triple-M car's, however due to expansion i can now offer pretty much any service to any car, with an obvious bias to MGRover cars, so anything from a Mini to MGF will be catered for.

    You do not need to own an MGRover! My knowledge extends to many high performance jap cars to your more mundane Euro brands such as VW, Renault etc.

    All mechanical work and servicing undertaken.
    Accident repairs to custom work and resprays
    Tuning - from filters to cams to blueprinted engine builds

    Every car that passes through my workshop recieves a mini valet as part of the service, no matter what work is done.

    I am based on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder and will be taking bookings for work in the next couple of weeks so please PM me or call 07789117392 to discuss anything you may need doing.

    Gareth @ GK AutoWorks

  • #2
    Fantastic news! Do you still do a 'call out' service for minor jobs?

    1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399


    1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice one Gareth , hope it all goes ok

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by M170 RFA
        Fantastic news! Do you still do a 'call out' service for minor jobs?

        Yes i do i.e SMART repairs and engine tune up's. Travelling time and expenses are done at a set rate.

        Gareth

        Comment


        • #5
          Gareth, thats great news! Glad to hear you've decided to stick with it. I'd be interested in discussing work on my HLS at some point soon if you were up for it. Needs minor restoration generally but one major repair needed as I have a new full drivers side rear quarter (including inner) to be fitted due to extensive petrol filler pocket and inner arch corrosion leading down to the sill end. Rest of the car fairly sound. Let me know if you wanna discuss.
          1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

          MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi guys,

            Just to let you know i will be based in Soham, Cambridgeshire, and the first 5 people through the doors get a special discount so make a list of what you want doing!

            Gareth

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd be keen in following up some correspondance we had last year about my Maestro, if your interested in the work.
              Burgundy 1987 Maestro 1.6L
              173,000 miles.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by D813YBB
                I'd be keen in following up some correspondance we had last year about my Maestro, if your interested in the work.
                Yep no problem, just PM me basically what you wanted again (must have been on my old ID)

                Gareth

                Comment


                • #9
                  Still Waiting

                  Well Gareth, its been 8 weeks since I sent you a PM and I've had no reply.
                  I guess you were not so interested in the work after all.
                  This was the third and last time I've approached you regarding bodywork. Each time with no progress.
                  Burgundy 1987 Maestro 1.6L
                  173,000 miles.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by D813YBB
                    Well Gareth, its been 8 weeks since I sent you a PM and I've had no reply.
                    I guess you were not so interested in the work after all.
                    This was the third and last time I've approached you regarding bodywork. Each time with no progress.
                    Ohdear, that's not good...

                    Is there much work to be done on your car, Martin? It looks rather good in the photo's...
                    Steve Worsley

                    R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by D813YBB
                      Well Gareth, its been 8 weeks since I sent you a PM and I've had no reply.
                      I guess you were not so interested in the work after all.
                      This was the third and last time I've approached you regarding bodywork. Each time with no progress.
                      I also waited a while and eventually decided that if he couldn't answer a couple of simple emails he won't be doing any work for me. I wanted a quote for the Advantage but that wasn't to be. Its a shame cause I would have wanted a quote later for the VP arches. He obviously doesn't want your money mate.
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Please bear with me. As well as having to move unit once from a temporary to the now permanant unit i've had to contend with many personal problems including splitting up with my girlfriend of four years, and time flies even when your not having fun.

                        Gareth

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GarethKidman
                          Please bear with me. As well as having to move unit once from a temporary to the now permanant unit i've had to contend with many personal problems including splitting up with my girlfriend of four years, and time flies even when your not having fun.

                          Gareth
                          That almost explains way you haven’t answered my e-mails regarding why my triple-m account has been de-activated? Is it something I said in that knock sensor thread?

                          www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

                          2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            please people if you have a problem with a account on another board or forum please pm the people concerned, its not nice to do this on another forum.

                            all the problems that gk autoworks has had, has allready been aired across other forums as well. lets not do the same thing here .
                            Tony Hague



                            A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X