Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego VDP on eBay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well I asked £350 for it on this site and I got exactly that on ebay. It will go now but missing it already
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #17
      Well £350 hope it goes to a good home.

      Comment


      • #18
        That went cheap for what Jeff has done to it.

        Maybe I should sell some of my cars to him , for him to do up, then buy back

        regards,
        Patrick

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RED MONTEGO BUS
          it is a very nice car,i call all cars bangers as they are box on wheels and go a to be
          you mean you realise you've been backed into a corner....
          Regards
          John Orrell

          MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
          MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
            I'm not going there cause I shall say something I shouldn't. All have their own opinion but your going the right way about upsetting me aren't you. I shall say no more on it.
            well jeff i have 3 bangers,2 of which run.....:laugh:
            glad u got wot u wanted for u vp,look on the bright side(your other one u brought)...do that one up and make it mint... i be happy to call it a banger

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mgmti
              That went cheap for what Jeff has done to it.

              Maybe I should sell some of my cars to him , for him to do up, then buy back

              regards,
              Patrick
              Hi Patrick. I didn't really do that much to it. Still, the buyer is not answering my emails as yet. Might be a waste of time.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by RED MONTEGO BUS
                well jeff i have 3 bangers,2 of which run.....:laugh:
                glad u got wot u wanted for u vp,look on the bright side(your other one u brought)...do that one up and make it mint... i be happy to call it a banger
                Whatever
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've held fire until now, I figured I may as well throw in my six eggs worth, though no one ever listens....!

                  Copied from Wikitionary:

                  Noun

                  Banger (plural bangers)

                  1. (UK): A firework that makes a bang.
                  2. (British slang) A sausage.
                  3. (US) (slang) An old, worn-out car.
                  4. (US) (slang) A cylinder in a car. He drives a little four-banger to work.
                  5. (US) (slang) A member of a gang, shortened version of the word gangbanger.

                  Synonyms

                  (car): bucket, beater, hooptie, jalopy, wreck

                  This is the problem with using the word banger for every car - in this case, a beautiful, well kept outstanding example of a prestige motor vehicle, which its owner has spent countless hours keeping so spotless you could eat your dinner off of it (minding the paintwork, of course!) and of which he is very proud (and quite rightly so), has been labelled as fit for the scrapper, by one careless comment. And then it gets rubbed in! Hats off to you Jeff, not only is that car a credit to you (I would give my right arm for my Maestro to be near the condition of that VP), but if I were you I would have had more than a few choice words to say to RED MONTEGO BUS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I've said all im going to say, please don't have a go at Montego Red Bus, it's done now and not worth the effort.
                    The lucky buyer is going to pick it up on wednesday, so I get to drive it to the AGM on sunday one last time
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well its gone now .
                      On the good side, bloke who bought it CYCLED 130 miles to pick it up. Took him 5 hours to get here(theres dedication for you). Well pleased with the car and I persuaded him to join the Maestro/Montego owners club. So I might still see it about sometime
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
                        bloke who bought it CYCLED 130 miles to pick it up. Took him 5 hours to get here
                        Cycling at an average of 26mph for 5 hours (that's not even allowing for stoppages) is bloody going some...did he have an S on his chest
                        Regards
                        John Orrell

                        MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by G51 NAV
                          Cycling at an average of 26mph for 5 hours (that's not even allowing for stoppages) is bloody going some...did he have an S on his chest
                          Nope. Very skinny actually Said he loves to cycle. Nice bloke though and will look after the VP, so that can't be bad eh!
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
                            Nope. Very skinny actually Said he loves to cycle. Nice bloke though and will look after the VP, so that can't be bad eh!
                            Did he put the bike in the car or did he have a cyle carrier on his back as well?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by matthewsemple
                              Did he put the bike in the car or did he have a cyle carrier on his back as well?
                              He took both wheels off the bike and put it in the boot. Easy eh! He text me and said that he and his wife love the car.
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X