No announcement yet.

Bristol Classic Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was worth me making the 140 mile trip down there to see everything. For the first time ever more or less I've been able to see other genuine turbos of each colour in the metal (virtually non-existent sight in my area). I also got to see the fully functional digital dash, which was far more professional than I expected - ahead of its time. I have to say I kept my engine bay shut most of the time as it needed a good clean and besides, I could have fooled people into thinking it wasn't a diesel!
    ckon. It was scorching weather, and suncream was most certainly needed, as I've found out. Thanks go out to Matthew Semple for getting some rare cars together and choosing the perfect venue.

John

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

http://uk.msnusers.com/BristolClassi...ox.msnw?Page=1

Thanks for organising our meeting, Matthew - it was a superb day out, well worth coming back to my "home town" from Northamptonshire for. It was nice to put some names to faces and see the obvious interest and respect our cars generated. I was pleased at no 96's first proper trip - 35 mpg at a steady 75 can't be bad! I've tried to put a link to some pictures above - hope it works.
      Phil

Comment

Webpage now available

As you can gather from the above posts we had a great time on Sunday and I have created a page on my website with a report on the event:

Bristol Classic Car Show Report

Thanks to (in no particular order):

John - for arriving first even though he came from Cheshire
        Phil - for bringing a rare black MG Maestro Turbo from Northamptonshire
        Paul & Sue - for getting the white Turbo along despite the shock problems!
        David and Barry - for bringing two cars despite the fact I sent the passes to the wrong address...
        ...and finally, my girlfriend for bringing the MG Maestro 1600

For those of you that have not seen four differently coloured MG Maestro Turbos parked next to each other - (full size image available on the report)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by matthewsemple; 12th January 2005, 21:15.

Comment

Turbo lineup

Experimenting with linking from another site!

Comment

More pictures

I have downloaded the pictures from my digital camera and put them on one of those MSN pages that Phil used:

Bristol Classic Car Show

I'll be putting them on my website soon but it was quicker to upload them there. The picture below is my MG Maestro 1600 which is awaiting restoration!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X