MANCHESTER CLASSIC CAR SHOW 21st & 22nd September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MANCHESTER CLASSIC CAR SHOW 21st & 22nd September

The club has arranged a stand at the Manchester classic car show on the 21st & 22nd September.

Our committee man Steve Worsley has taken the lead with this one and will be along shortly with more details...

in the mean time can anyone who would like to attend with their car please indicate below for consideration.

this is an indoor show, and we're looking for cars that are in fairly good condition - unfortunately rotten wheelarches etc wont go down well at this show....

One thing to note is that the cars will need leaving at the show (I think) from Friday - which is probably the setting up day, through to Sunday when the show finishes.

The show itself is near the trafford center.

come on all those BL day award winners lets have you lining up for this one!!

Andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

The Indoor Manchester Classic Car Show is based at Event City opposite the Trafford Centre, Lancashire on 21st-22nd September. We have a floorspace of 14 x 9.5m for the stand so plenty room for a fair few cars.

Set up is 8am-9pm on Friday 20th and breakdown 5.30-9pm on Sunday 22nd, during which time all vehicles must have no more than 1/4 tank of fuel and the battery disconnected or isolated.

The theme of the show (not mandatory) is 'launches' which could be pretty interesting and has looked good before.

Anyone interested can contact me on this page, by private message or by phone - just ask for my number.
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Milly

I've entered Milly as a private entrant, but have told the organisers that I will be putting her on your stand if you would like her.

Comment

Unfortunately one entry other than mine isn't going to be enough to fill a stand at this event... Any other takers or am I to decline this generous offer at such a prestigious and varied indoor event?
        Steve Worsley

Comment

If it would help, I could probably manage to get Montgomery up as well. I would either have to be very brave, hire a trailer and use Montgomery to tow the trailer with Milly on the back (I've never towed anything in my life - could be interesting!) or see if I can persuade my dad to drive him up for me, but that could possibly be harder work than the trailer option!

Anyway, here he is

Comment

Tanya,

we've reduced the size of the stand to accomodate 3 cars, but 4 will go on at a push - and it would look better.

I'll wait for Steve to confirm, but I'd say you'd be fine to bring it.
            CURRENT FLEET:
            1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
            1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
            1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
            2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
            1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
              I would either have to be very brave, hire a trailer and use Montgomery to tow the trailer with Milly on the back (I've never towed anything in my life - could be interesting!)
              I wouldn't recommend using a Montego to tow a trailer with a Maestro on it.
              I am fairly sure it would exceed the maximum towing weight for the Montego and you could have problems if you were unlucky enough to meet a clued-up police or VOSA patrol. Not to mention a not-too-enjoyable driving experience.
              1983 (Y) MG 1600
              1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
              1987 700 City 1.6 Van
              1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
              1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
              1990 Clubman D
              1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
                I wouldn't recommend using a Montego to tow a trailer with a Maestro on it.
                I am fairly sure it would exceed the maximum towing weight for the Montego and you could have problems if you were unlucky enough to meet a clued-up police or VOSA patrol. Not to mention a not-too-enjoyable driving experience.
                That's fine - I'll happily take your advice on that one!

I'll see if I can persuade my dad to drive it up for me - not too sure what success I'll have.

While we're talking about towing, do you think it would be ok to tow a trailer with a Bullnose Morris on it? I'm assuming it's lighter than a Maestro, although I'm very apprehensive about towing that one as it's the earliest known surviving Bullnose (so Cowley's earliest car), built on 19th April 1913. I think everyone might kill me if I managed to damage it!

Comment

Tayna, please let me know if you can confirm that. We have had the stand reduced in size to around three cars but I am advised it isn't a problem to bring more.
                  Steve Worsley

Comment

Sorry, I've done my best to persuade my dad to bring the Montego, but he is unpersudable when it comes to driving it to Mancester .

Therefore, it will just be me and the Maestro. Unfortunately, Jason is taking his Mk1 Mini, otherwise he might have been persuadable.

Comment

Some people are masochists. Let's see, traveling from Oxford to Manchester and back in either a mk1 Mini or a Montego. Think I know which my buttocks and spine would prefer lol.
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                        Some people are masochists. Let's see, traveling from Oxford to Manchester and back in either a mk1 Mini or a Montego. Think I know which my buttocks and spine would prefer lol.
                        I wouldn't be so sure, John. If the Mk1 Mini is one of the Hydrolastic versions, it would be quite a pleasant ride. With a much nicer soundtrack

Incidentally, I will be going (R8 Turbo), so I will no doubt visit the M/M stand at some stage over the weekend. Is a '30th birthday' theme being done?
                        1983 (Y) MG 1600
                        1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                        1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                        1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                        1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                        1990 Clubman D
                        1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

I'm driving the relatively comfortable Arthur (MG 1600) with a weak and crackly stereo, while Jason gets the joys of driving Speedy, the Mk1 850 Mini (ironically named!) with good old harsh dry suspension, no radio, no seat belts, cross plys and single leading brake shoes on the front. Makes Arthur look cutting edge and super civilised!

Comment

Any pics or show report from this event?
                            1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
                            1989 BMW 316i
                            2013 BMW 320d Touring
                            2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
                            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

The club has made it onto the msn cars feature of the event:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/indi...2013-1#image=3

Steve your cars famous now lol.
                              MG Maestro Turbo #500
                              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X