NEC Classic Car Show 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEC Classic Car Show 2013

We have been accepted again for a stand at the Classic Car Show held at the NEC.

This years stand is to feature just 4 Maestro's as a tribute to the 30th Anniversary of the Launch Year.

Can any members who wish to display their car post their details up here along with details of the proposed car? The committee will then be able to consider which ones could be displayed together to make a decent line up for the visitors. If you don't want to post in public you can always PM me and I'll get back to you.

The car would need to be left at the NEC from Thursday 14th November through to Sunday (Night) 17th November. You could choose to be there on each day of the show with your car, or just leave it there and attend on say the Thursday (to leave the car) and then again on Sunday to collect it? there will be committee members around to keep an eye on the cars

Due to the nature of the show, we really only want really good examples - Rust isn't going to look the part at this particular show! although there are ways to cover up small bits of rust with notices etc.

if anyone has any questions on anything at all related to the above then post below and i'll try and reply!!

andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Forgot to mention - I usually get free tickets for exhibitors and free car parking for if you turn up on one of the days in another car, so that limits cost a bit too....

It's a great show, and the cars get loads of attention - a nice claim to fame for your motor...
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

i would like to put my car forward

MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

Milly (or 345 or PGK, as she was known by the club before I named her!)

Here's Milly, and I know a number of the club have known her longer than they have known me! She was built at Cowley on 25th May 1983, dispatched a day later and registered on 16 June. I am her third owner. For those who don't know, she is a 1.3L in Silver Leaf with a Bounty Blue interior and has now covered 37,000 miles. She is standard bar her wheels, and I now have the correct ones which will be refurbed and back with her by the end of next month. She also has side decals, but they were fitted by the supplying dealer 30 years ago, so they are staying! Milly has been helping out with Centenary events at Cowley and always receives a warm welcome. For those who don't know her, here she is:

Chauffeuring Oxford's Lord Major to an event at the Plant:

With Kevin, who fitted bumpers through Maestro production :-)

Comment

Bit of a curve ball with my car, its not mint, its not really standard, but it does show what the maestro is capable of, somthing a bit different from 4 standard cars for the public to look at, after all its about the 30 year history of the car!

Comment

Any updates of this, what cars are attending. Im considering going this year.

Comment

May see you there, if you are there on the Saturday 16th.

regards,
              Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen G View Post
                Any updates of this, what cars are attending. Im considering going this year.
                A week away now, any clues?

Ray
                MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Managed to miss this, been utterly mad since I went full time freelance...

We've got a Maestro themed stand this year, as it's the 30th anniversary. Marvel at the digital dashboard in our early MG EFi. Commemorate the anniversary with a Y-plate 1.3L. Get that new car sensation with a 10000 mile Maestro SL. And see what is possibly the most enduring memory of Maestro - a great diesel. We've got a Clubman TD.

Any more than that and it's giving the game away for attendees! ;-)
                  Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
                  E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
                  H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
                  J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
                  L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
                  OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
                  PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Does anyone have any photos from the Classic Motor Show, particularly of the Maestros on the stand?

I had to give it a miss this year due to illness, so did not get to see the vehicles on show.

Comment

I'll post some up when I've got a minute. The stand was mad-busy with interest all three days of the show and was hugely successful.
                      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Nice display of cars, had a really good look over and i was very impressed. Well done to everyone involved.
                        Greg

Rover Maestro 1.6LX 1991,Daily Driver
                        Triumph TR7 V8 DHC 1980

Comment

Here's how it looked. Our stand was really busy on all three days...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Simon; 20th November 2013, 11:54.
                          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Thanks for posting these, Simon. A good turnout of vehicles and lots of period memorabilia with the cars too. All I can say is, roll-on next year!

Comment

Working...
                            X