MG Saloon Day??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Saloon Day??

No pictures anywhere :-( Did it just wither and die? I see from MGM's website that it clashed again with the BMC Day at Gaydon. Did basically nobody go?
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

mg saloon day

I went to it John,basically organised by 75/zt club at RAF Cosford the MGM DAY I believe is in August,will you be going ?
    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Ah right. Unlikely, I don't have anything of interest on the road to turn up in.
      Regards
      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I was there too. There are photos on themgzs forum.

Comment

mgm day

Come with me and stan if you want too john.

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
            I went to it John,basically organised by 75/zt club at RAF Cosford the MGM DAY I believe is in August,will you be going ?
            I always thought MG Saloon Day (as it was originally known) was organised by the MGM Group but within the last couple of years been a joint venture with the Zed Register?
            I havn't heard anything from Patrick recently regarding any events do do with the MGM Group, what has happened to them?

Comment

I thought it had been taken over by the Z register.

I didn't go as it was pre booking only and I wasn't prepared to buy tickets on the off chance I wouldn't make it, especially being 170 miles each way. As it was I spent an enjoyable day driving around saf London visiting Ikea and Wicks in a company van to keep Mrs TC happy.

Comment

It wasn't pre-booking only. Just you paid extra on the gate if it wasn't a pre-booked one (I think that was on the original adverts anyhow).
                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Sure I read somewhere it was pre booking due to the fact there was only room for 200 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
                    Come with me and stan if you want too john.
                    Thanks Norm I wouldn't mind popping along. If you hear anything from Patrick about what date etc I can check with the boss to see if I'm allowed out to play that day.
                    Regards
                    John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Just to clear things up, it was pre-booking only. No means to pay on the gate, once you arrived. The E-ticket needed to be displayed permanently on the dash, from the moment you entered the site. There was around 100 or so cars on display, with plenty of room left (a limit of 200 cars was allowed).
                      The pre-booking only, seemed to put a few folk off, on the off chance they couldn't make it on the day.

Comment

mgm day

John,due to your age [photo] I would ask a parent or guardian.
                        Last edited by normanmg2000; 12th July 2014, 05:11. Reason: wrong wording

Comment

100 cars, not very good then for a traditionally fairly large event.

Were there many MMM cars there?

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                            100 cars, not very good then for a traditionally fairly large event.

Were there many MMM cars there?
                            5 or 6....really disapointing!

Comment

A handful of MMM photo's I took

Last edited by red robbo; 12th July 2014, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X