Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Classic Car and Motor Show 2005

Bristol Classic Car and Motor Show 2005

This great event features both classic car clubs and dealerships displaying new vehicles. There are also traders and autojumblers.

Last year the MG M Group put on a small display of MG 'M' cars and hopefully we can do the same this year. So why not bring your MG Metro, Maestro or Montego to Bristol to take part in this great event.

Bristol is a great engineering capital, being the birthplace of the world's first suspension bridge, steam driven iron-built ship and the first and only passenger-carrying supersonic aircraft. It's also the home of Wallace and Gromit and Holby City.

So make weekend of it if you are travelling from further afield. If you are interested post below or e-mail me if you would like further details - matthewsemple@hotmail.com

Date: 12th June 2005
    Time: 9am to 4pm
    Venue: The Downs, Bristol
    Cost: £5 per car
    (proceeds go to Barnardo's)

Read a review of last year's event
    Attached Files

Count me in

Comment

I'll definitely be there
      Neil
      -
      Everyone's a salesperson - www.nsales.co.uk

90 MG Maestro EFi
      93 Vauxhall Nova 1.2i Spin

70 Morris Minor "Naomi"
      96 Laguna 2.0 RT
      05 Yamaha Cygnus X

Comment

if my car is even half ready you can count me in, possibly with another Maestro Turbo from Swansea if he has the time. Bristol is a very pleasant place and hopefully in June, the sun will be shining - reminds me of my younger days :laugh: It is the day after my 22nd birthday however so if I look like I am in pain please tell me its my own fault and slap me.

Fantastic!

Comment

I'll be there again with Maestro Turbo number 96. It was an excellent day out last year - highly recommended. It would be nice to get a good number of our cars there.
          Phil
          Attached Files

Comment

i will be there, possibly in the race car or in another MG Maestro 2.0 Efi i have for sale.

Phil

Comment

Group entry for Bristol Show on 12th June

Update:

So far we have Four MG Maestro Turbos, three MG Maestro 2.0is, one MG Montego Turbo, one MG Montego EFi and my MG Maestro 1600.

It is not too late to join us but you must e-mail asap for my details so you can send me your cheque.

Deadline: Cheque to me by 25th May at the lastest
              Last edited by matthewsemple; 22nd May 2005, 08:34. Reason: editing car line-up

Comment

Sorry, Matthew, looks like I won't be able to make it after all, due to family commitments - hope you all have a good time, it was excellent last year.
                Phil

Comment

Last call for this show

Last chance to enter your MG in the display - but you must post your cheque today and e-mail me to let me know you are coming.

I will be sending off the group entry form to Barnardo's by the end of the week.

Phil - sorry you can't be there this year - hope to see you at MG Saloon Day and next year. Luckily I have another black Turbo for the display!

Comment

I hope to go next year with my Turbo completely finished. Have a good time. I'll look forward to seeing some nice pics to remind me what I've missed!

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Matthew,

defo coming, in a black 2.0 efi

will post cheque Thursday to reach you friday. Reg i will confirm as well. I havent picked up the car yet though!!

Phil

Originally posted by matthewsemple
                      Last chance to enter your MG in the display - but you must post your cheque today and e-mail me to let me know you are coming.

I will be sending off the group entry form to Barnardo's by the end of the week.

Phil - sorry you can't be there this year - hope to see you at MG Saloon Day and next year. Luckily I have another black Turbo for the display!

Comment

The Bristol Line-up

Originally posted by carnumber19
                        defo coming, in a black 2.0 efi

will post cheque Thursday to reach you friday. Reg i will confirm as well. I havent picked up the car yet though!! Phil
                        Excellent - I'll look out for your cheque and as soon as I have the reg. no. I'll be sending the form in. A black EFi will be good. We also have one Azure Blue and two Flame Red EFis.

Looks like we will now have twelve cars - Five EFis, Four Turbos, Two Montegos and the MG Maestro 1600.
                        Last edited by matthewsemple; 30th May 2005, 14:25.

Comment

MG display at the Bristol Classic Car Show

Not long now until this great show. We will have twelve cars on the stand and the entry passes have been sent out by Barnardo's.

We also have a spare pass so if anyone who has not booked wants to display their car, please contact me via e-mail - matthewsemple@hotmail.com

Current line-up: 4 MG Maestro Turbos, 1 MG Montego EFi, 1 MG Maestro 1600 and no less than 6 MG Maestro 2.0EFi including a racecar!

So if you want to display your car next to that impressive line-up, let me know.

Comment

Thanks for going to so much trouble to organise an MG display Matthew, a very good day out despite having to leave at some silly hour this morning to reach Bristol before 0900.

I know some of you will be expecting some photos so here they are: http://www.maestro.org.uk/pp_gallery...ry.php?cat=514

One thing though. Matt/Tony... is there something we should know about? All this interest in a load of Fords? :laugh:

Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Yes, thanks Matthew - it was a great day out. And nice photos too! I've got some but they're still on my camera. I'll try and post them in the next couple of days...
                              Neil
                              -
                              Everyone's a salesperson - www.nsales.co.uk

90 MG Maestro EFi
                              93 Vauxhall Nova 1.2i Spin

70 Morris Minor "Naomi"
                              96 Laguna 2.0 RT
                              05 Yamaha Cygnus X

Comment

Working...
                              X