No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo in November Practical Classics Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... it has torque steer. 'Everybody' knows that cos it was rammed down our throats by every mag in site.

What I didn't like in PC was the (as outlined above) need to repeat the bashing - ESPECIALLY the line 'has the looks of a loser'.

Well, PC lost too...
    cos I read it in the shop and didn't buy

Comment

They all have torque steer, its one of those features.
      Lowering and harder suspension bushes help tame it but it'll always be there. Nowt wrong with it, you just have to be ready for it thats all.
      Unless thrashing it you'll never get it to noticable levels anyway.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Well the next episode in this saga is that Matt Wright (the PC editor) PM'd me today and said that he was sorry that I didn't like the article (actually I never went as far as saying that), however he felt I had raised "some valid points" and could he include my post in the next Readers' Letters. I repled that yes, I was happy for him to use my post in Readers Letters, providing that during the inevitable editing stage (to make it fit the allotted available space), what’s left doesn’t just come across as a pointless, meandering whinge by an enthusiast of some of piece of crap BL tat who should go out and get a life. There were constructive ideas in my posts: it wasn’t a pointless moan for moan's sake.

We'll see what happens...
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I don't think the torque steer is anything to write home about - number 96 has only done 65000 miles from new and has a fully poly-bushed lowered suspension. For me it's only ever a slight pull, easily corrected - I don't notice it much at all. Perhaps Sam was not used to it at all or he was expecting it to be there and so it seemed more pronounced?
          Phil

Comment

Don't kick yourself or #96, Philip. 99% of the words in that article will have already been sitting in Pagemaker/Quark/whatever they now use, days before he even got in your car.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
            MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
              I would imagine a combination of worn bushes and standard ride height would cause torque steer. Mine has well worn suspension bushes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Maestro-Monteg...d=p3286.c0.m14
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Maestro-Monteg...d=p3286.c0.m14
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
              X