Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people views of "our" cars changing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it rattles and I get no boost [/QUOTE]

Sounds like the owner!

Comment

Thanks, Paul!
      MG ZR, anthracite - sold & gone
      MG Maestro 1600 1.8 S-series track car - will be made road legal for track days
      Montego Turbo - in need of welding to osr arch
      Maestro 1600 VDP - daily drive

Comment

Originally posted by ems ltd View Post
        They should have delved back into MG's history...

Metro => Midget
        Maestro => Magnette
        Montego => Magna
        I was thinking about this shortly after typing my above post. I would have suggested that they called them MG M3 (Metro) MG M4 (Montego) and MG M5 (Maestro), with the figures relating to the number of doors. So you would have had an MG M3 and an M3 Turbo, MG M4, MG M4 Turbo, MG M5, MG M5 EFi, MG M5 Turbo.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by ems ltd View Post
          Thanks, Paul!
          your welcome

Comment

I think views are changing, my maestro crosses over to a few different people. I have had the old geezer reminiscing about having had one like that years ago. Not exactly like it I remember thinking as I spooled out of the station!
            Then there is the Turbo heads who like the car for performance. I had a scooby driver talking to me last night, I don't know much about them but I think his was a RV5? He was claiming around 380 brake which again I don't know if that is realistic. Anyway he then mentioned the weight and there we have it! 1.8 tonnes! When I mentioned mine was running currently low boost maybe around 180 but at just under a tonne! I think at that he was a bit stunned!

But then these views will be contrasting to my estate which is much more of a workhorse. My maestro is still fairly new to the road really, around 2.5k (ish!)

Comment

Working...
            X