Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Monstro - Issue 36 - out now

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Monstro - Issue 36 - out now

    Just received a batch of 'spare' Monstros, issue 36, which will be winging its way to members' doormats very very soon, and I have to say, it's another cracking read!

    Well done Simon, and all the contributors

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chris Y View Post
    Just received a batch of 'spare' Monstros, issue 36, which will be winging its way to members' doormats very very soon, and I have to say, it's another cracking read!

    Well done Simon, and all the contributors
    Just arrived and will read this evening.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      Just had a browse through: very well presented as always. Looking forward to reading about the high-mileage Monty TD.
      Regards
      John Orrell

      MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
      MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

      Comment


      • #4
        Good work folks

        Comment


        • #5
          Got mine today looks good

          Comment


          • #6
            I recieved mine today. I still need to finish reading it yet.

            Thanks very much.

            Comment


            • #7
              Had a quick brouse last night looks very good ,looking forward to reading it on the train to London this afternoon. Well done to all that produced it
              I didnt realise country dudes maesstro was so far advanced looks great , I thought it was still work in progress, nice one Phil

              Comment


              • #8
                hello i received my copy yesterday.its a good read.also artical of surviving maestros/montegos. a bit of a worry. will the spares become rearer ie service parts big dave from brum

                Comment


                • #9
                  yes iam a full member no 0293 and have 5 maestros cannot understand why i am down as a non member bigdave

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                    yes iam a full member no 0293 and have 5 maestros cannot understand why i am down as a non member bigdave
                    You have to tell us what your membership number is. The forum software doesn't link very well with the membership database, and sometimes usernames aren't immediately obvious as to the member's identity.

                    I've corrected yours now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      many thanks chris keep up the good work bigdave

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Aye, it's a good read!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, I kept those photos off the forums to allow Monstro some exclusive pics. 85% there. Thing is with a car like mine it will probably never be finished! But that is part of the fun for me always something to improve, tweaks to be made.

                          Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          I didnt realise country dudes maestro was so far advanced looks great , I thought it was still work in progress, nice one Phil

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I like the new wheels, but the car looks less of a sleeper with them on.
                            Regards
                            John Orrell

                            MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                            MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes, I was in 2 minds at first, but then the car took on a different look altogether in my mind. I then debadged the car and front grill (keeping the small automatic decal mind!)

                              From a street sleeper to a modified street car.
                              It hasn't lost the sleeper appeal on the road as no one is used to seeing them at all these days.

                              I broke down whilst finding I had a bad earth on the ecu wiring yesterday. The AA guy came along, 'Oh a maestro, I used to,' opens bonnet 'ah you have done a LOT to this!' The way the tone of this voice changed was great! From the familiar to completely unknown within a second!

                              He did his apprenticeship working on maestros and knows the Ohh series like the back of his hand.

                              Instead I had to talk him through the story! Which I hated every minute of course

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X