This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oli View Post
    Come to think of it there was a silver MG1600 advertised on car and classic for a long time I think they wanted £1500 iirc - and that was located in Bristol.
    Now reduced:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C224133

Also I know a chap called Fred who owns another MG1600 that is identical to mine - Zircon Blue, A-reg.

We used to have the following Maestro Turbos in the city:
    1. 67 - red
    2. 314 - white
    3. 404 - BRG
    4. 500 - red
    5. MJI5355 - red - unidentified car that I used to see regularly
    6. plus an MG 'M' Group member in Kingswood had a BRG one

#404 was sold to Sean Norwood, #500 is owned by Brian (MG Nut). #67 was a red one that was up for sale a few years back but I don't know where that went. I haven't seen MJI5355 for a long time.

Comment

• i got talking to the bloke with the mint montego estate in kingswood and he's had it from new and uses it everyday but not interested in selling or joining the club it's also an identical colour and model to mine what the chances of that!!! ive also spotted a red montego diesel estate around the totterdown area a lot lately....
      cheers matt
      1993 rover montego countryman TD

Comment

• Spotted often in the Intake/Richmond areas of Sheffield a White VP estate poss on an F-plate, and in the Millhouses area a green countyman with a private reg L* ***. Oh and also a White maestro with a red racing stripe again in the millhouses area.

I've also found a pale blue van laid up, a steel bumper red diesel sat on a drive in OK-nick I've left a note about, and also a black MG efi that is totally rotten but has red belts and carpets but the bloke thinks it's worth a grand! Think it has Marle Deco seats.

Comment

• Oooh, I never knew we had so many in Sheffield! Would love to see the VP.

All I know of are a couple of Maestro Clubman diesels, and there was a Nightwatch Blue 2.0HL estate in tatty nick parked up near me until about a year ago.
          Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
          E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
          H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
          J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
          L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
          OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
          PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Where abouts are you? I live in Millhouses but my workshop is in Handsworth so my drive there and back has me on the lookout a bit!

Comment

• I'm in Ecclesfield. Whereabouts in Handsworth is your workshop? I'm over that way once in a while.
              Sam Skelton

PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

• Spotted this lovely white MG Montego Turbo in Brentwood, Essex today, taxed and looks like an everyday car.
                Attached Files
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Wow now that's a substantially rare find

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Slow View Post
                    I'm in Ecclesfield. Whereabouts in Handsworth is your workshop? I'm over that way once in a while.
                    I'm on the Dorehouse industrial estate, where the old Asda used to be, two mins from the big one. Know Ecclesfield well, started my apprenticeship at Eric Steads back when they still used a couple of Maestro vans!

Comment

• Fabulous! Steads are only about a mile from me, and my Montego's keyring is a pukka 1980s Steads one. I also know the Dorehouse industrial estate fairly well.
                      Sam Skelton

Comment

• Found the owner of the White E-plate VP estate earlier today. He bought it from down south as a stop-gap car, apparently it was first registered and used in Norway by the embassy. I'm hoping to buy it as he mentioned he was thinking of scrapping it!

It needs some attention to the rear arches/trailing edge of the sill, leading edge of the bonnet and door bottoms/tailgate, and tidying up of the bottoms of the pillars to neutralise some rust that is starting. Has a good set of dish alloys, although only two centre caps. Has a velour interior, though a leather one would look awesome. Also has headlight washers and im sure i spotted rear electric windows. Didn't look at the milage, though I'm thinking a Rover 75-spec 150ps 1.8k lpt would be a nice upgrade considering the bodywork and repsray required.

How many VP estates are there?

Comment

• I'll be coming your way to see that as and when you've got it...

Velour, rear leccies and h/l washers were standard on VP 2.0is. I've never seen a VP estate in the metal. There is a leather Monty VP interior on eBay if you're interested in it.

Is THIS the car?
                          Sam Skelton

Comment

• That's the one! You got a link for the interior?

Comment

• I should have a pic somewhere! That was sold by countryclassics; the SD1 dealer
                              Sam Skelton

Comment

• Advert from April 2010.

White Diamond / Flint Grey Interior, 93,500 Miles with SH & Every MOT from new, Manual, 3 owners, 7 Seater, PAS.

An Incredibly RARE car now, very few VDP estates still exist. This one has been my daily driver for the last 12 months, it has proved both utterly reliable & practical transport & I have covered 13,000 miles in it. It is showing its age in a number of places but it still is totally sound & looks reasonably smart.

The interior is pretty good- seats, carpets & even the headlining are perfect but there are cracks in the dash & the sunvisors are in a poor state.

It drives well & I would happily go from one end of the country to the other in it. MoT until 14.09.10 & taxed until 31.05.10.

£400
                                Sam Skelton

Comment

Working...
                                X