Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what I own :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    that looks like a cover sill designed for welding over a rusted out sill - what you wanted was a full sill - where you cut the old sill out and spot/plug weld the new one in, in its place.

    you could have used the cover sill - but would have needed to have kept the top of the old sill in place

    Andy
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

    Comment


    • #47
      So it looks like am needing another sill then ('~')

      I wonder then if I can use my new sill for the other side ? hmmm
      I have no montego anymore

      Comment


      • #48
        Another quick update

        The engine is now in bits right down to just a block and the oil in it was like melted mars bars.
        I have no montego anymore

        Comment


        • #49
          An update comeing soon In the members section, All leave this thread as it is
          Last edited by Craig Anderson; 29th May 2012, 00:31. Reason: for editing, Continued in members forum
          I have no montego anymore

          Comment


          • #50
            Dont up spec it keep it as origanal as mine
            Sure & steadfast.
            BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
            1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
            1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

            Comment


            • #51
              Am not up specing anything but if I cant find opporto red for respraying it am going to spray it a deep candy apple red colour that will match opporto red only a more metalic crome than the standard colour everything else will be standard apart from extra rust protection underneath
              I have no montego anymore

              Comment


              • #52
                .................................(IMPORTANT UPDATE)..................................

                http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...7&postcount=51


                Am out of money to continue the car
                I have no montego anymore

                Comment

                Working...
                X