Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it worth saving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by hairyone View Post
    Just to let people no that after all the welding and the two new doors,bonnet and rear arches and a full respray it passed its m.o.t and has been taxed.
    Great news, your commitment and skills have saved this car from a less than productive alternative fait. There is only one thing outstanding that you need to do now... go and enjoy driving it and showing it.

    All the best for 2013.

    Comment


    • #17
      is it in Reading Mick? if so then about time we got together for Al and I to be able to admire it...
      midget1380@btinternet.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi David yes the car is in reading full time now.if you and al want to have a look I can always bring to you because I have a small favour to ask,I have a running fault I just cannot sort out and because yourself and al have forgotten more than I no about turbos I would like to pick your brains
        Cheers
        Mick

        Comment


        • #19
          turbo

          PMed you...
          midget1380@btinternet.com

          Comment


          • #20
            now this happens,still runs got me 6 miles home like this
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #21
              Just so you no I have repaired the head once again,it seems the cam bucket smashed and the got sent through the cam carrier cover,this is the second one that has smashed now which I think is down to when the car got stolen last year because I got informed by the police they were ragging the tits out off it.i have now replaced all the buckets just in case anymore have got any cracks in them but I checked last time and could not find any more with cracks in.So I will now drive it and see what else monty wants to do to test my patience

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by hairyone View Post
                Just so you no I have repaired the head once again,it seems the cam bucket smashed and the got sent through the cam carrier cover,this is the second one that has smashed now which I think is down to when the car got stolen last year because I got informed by the police they were ragging the tits out off it.i have now replaced all the buckets just in case anymore have got any cracks in them but I checked last time and could not find any more with cracks in.So I will now drive it and see what else monty wants to do to test my patience
                Mal has a re-con head for sale on ebay Mick
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-Maestro...item460bd22699
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th January 2013, 20:28.
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment

                Working...
                X